Why do guys settle for less?

Im very pretty and a sweet girl.. so this guy I like dates ugly girls and ew lol.. why? When he could have a pretty girl..

Ok well he's missing out
Girls you wouldn't date an ugly guy so don't stick up for them

Most Helpful Guy

• Self esteem issues make some guys go after unattractive women. They think they can't do better.

What Guys Said 25

• You're calling the other girl ugly. Sounds like you're the ugly person in this scenario.

• Thinking you're prettier, thus you're more deserving of him than she is...that's a common, yet foolish belief. You should pay attention to her, and see what attracts guys to her, instead of being dumb and saying "she's ugly, she doesn't deserve him."

And hate to break it to ya, but looking at your pic, you're really not the prettiest girl I've seen, and certainly not pretty enough for that attitude.

• And ya I am pretty. I'm sure your ugly

• You are pretty, but a mark of physical beauty is often humility. But what you should do is observe women who are good with guys despite being less attractive than you and try to learn from them.

• oh my you sound so shallow...
    are looks the only thing that matter? No
    is beauty in the eyes of the beholder? yes

I imagine those guys don't believe they are settling for less.

• "When he could have a pretty girl.."

I hope you don't mean you lol...

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if he thinks she is pretty and worth dating then that's on him.

• because its his decision and right that's why. he makes up his own mind and doesn't let other people make it up for him.

• Some guys care more about personality and compatibility than looks.

Im one of those dudes.

---

I wouldn't be happy with a pretty girl that i didn't have any connection or common interests with (no matter how good the sex is).

• Okay, I wasn't gonna point this out until I saw your rude comments about the other girls calling them fat and ugly and ogres. Now I feel like I'm allowed to say that you look like a chipmunk.

• You should have went anonymous if you wanted to ask this question. It makes you sound stuck-up for trying, even if you aren't. You say you are sweet, but then you call another girl ugly. So now everyone think you are a bitch. Maybe they are ugly, but you shouldn't say it. You would have gotten better answers if you went anonymous.

• Wtf man !
    What made you think like you are pretty?
    You not pretty by any means.
    I would never date a girl like you.
    You are fat and your cheeks are gross. Hahaha

• I wouldn't date you either why you are so jealous? Calling other girls ugly won't make you beautiful either

• Looks aren't everything.

• They probably don't want someone so superficial and delusional.

• He's more attracted to the other girl.

• Because guys are taught from an early age take what life gives you and learn to deal/live with it. Whereas girls are taught if someone better comes along dump your current BF and go out with the other guy.

• he wants to be with someone and he doesn't care how she looks

• If she really is ugly maybe the girl has sexually trapped him, or he has self esteem issues

• Ew lol they are ugly.. and yes he has horrible self esteem issues

• might want to adjust your attitude maybe?

• Looks aren't everything. I would go for a honest, fun girl over a pretty girl any day.

• sorry but you still love him
    if he came to your door hun
    you know that you would melt
    it's not nice to call others
    ugly so wrong to do

• Guys settle because they are expected to by society. The moment a guy expects to get a attractive girl, he's called entitled but its always okay for a woman to expect to get a attractive guy.

• First off change your profile picture if you don't want to go anonymous for this question. Secondly, calling other girls ugly and thinking a guy can do better with you is shallow thinking. Sorry girl, but if you're really like this in real life then I understand why he wouldn't be attracted to you.

• Um they are fat and ugly!!! He just uses them for their car, money, and houses lol

• Well if they are ugly, maybe you shouldn't focus on those kind of things. Maybe he loves them for a very different reason. I've seen some pretty handsome guys that I would consider much better looking than me who got with unattractive women. I like wuah?

Then I go see the nerd in the class who gets with the prettiest girl around. Some people just don't look at aesthetics as much as others. It's also important to have a sense of respect when referring to ugly girls. If they already have it bad enough with their looks, they don't deserve to be talked of like dirt.

• And yet girls complain that guys care only about looks.

A guy can't win, can he?

• Maybe he thinks they are pretty, or maybe he likes their personality. Either way it's a reason to choose them over you

• I never settle.

• You think she's ugly. He probably doesn't.

Girls are often the worst judge of what men find attractive.
    That's why you all flip out over things like shoes, or eyelash extensions while men could not give a flying fuck.

What Girls Said 13

• listen dear… apart from ur looks, men want a girl who is down to earth, fun to be around and infectious in her attitude towards life.

its great that ur self esteem is high but this doesn't mean u have the right to bring other girls down. maybe guys see a beauty in them that u dont c. and they aren't stupid for doing so, its just that we r all different.

one day u will meet someone who appreciates ur character, but u just haven't found him yet.

unfortunately ur wording did bring about some harsh comments and i hope ur ok. just stay hopeful for the right person=]

• He must like these women because with them he gets what he considers to be a full package. You might find them ugly but to him they're not and they must have great personalities that he loves to be around.

Don't focus on belittling other women, focus on being the best you can be as a person and you won't have any problems with guys :)

• because he's obviously more attracted to her. deall withhh itttttt

• You're definetly not pretty or sweet if you keep hating on those girls. Some people are not shallow.

• First you need to stop degrading others and putting others down- can we start from there? No, you’re not the prettiest he’s dated. Honestly, believing your pretty and being confident is one thing but conceit and arrogance are another. Please stop being rude… you’ll be “prettier” that way.

Yes, I know now your gonna call me ugly because I said something you didn’t like. Well, it’s the truth… your being quite delusional.

• Haha you are fucking ugly.. I am the prettiest he's dated honestly I am..

• Yeah you tried! :) and you are not fucking ugly for the record. This question is really pathetic O.o

• Loooool :) Aww thanks Willow. I was just thanking her for calling me ugly because I wasn't hurt by her comment :)

• It sounds like your just jealous

• Clearly not so sweet if you feel like these ugly girls don't deserve him because they're ugly. The could be lovely people with amazing personalities that have a lot in common with him. It's not just about looks.

• Pretty is subjective. It is possible he does not think you are pretty and thinks the "ugly" girls he dates are. And, although it seems to be a strange concept for you, it is entirely possible that he chooses who he wants to date based off of more than just looks.

• I feel this way sometimes too, I think it is because guys are scared or intimidated of attractive and successful women who have a lot going for them. But, as you get older you will also realize that looks aren't everything.

• Hahaha omg, have you ever thought that maybe you need to take a good hard look at yourself and realise, maybe he is with her because she isn't stuck up, doesn't have an ugly attitude like yours. Grow up. And if he wanted to be with you, he would. But I've got news for you, I can see why he doesn't want to be with you!

• Um I'm pretty :(

• Yes I am.. you are ugly because you went anonymous.. hahaha

• That makes no sense what so ever. Grow up.

• Your a bitch if u say that, it's obvious that ur idea of "nice" is not what the general publics, including my idea of nice is. You are a rude person that needs to be told off. Another thing, if u got nothing nice to say keep it to your self.

• Yeah, you sound really sweet -.-