I say, loving someone is unnecessary even though you might want to live with them. Just ask them "marry me", and go ahead. Why go through LOVE?

Love is complex, and redundant if you actually delve into it. Why should we go through LOVE, in order to get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because, even if your marriage works without love, it's never going to be as happy as it should be. You just cruise through that part of your life, never finding out if there was something else you could've wanted; if it could've been better.

Said marriage is also more likely to become emotionally ruined in the face of a challenge.

• MARRIAGE doesn't mean you both shouldn't be there for each other and do the things you both expect out of each other. You marry them because you like them. Love doesn't serve any purpose is my point. And, can you not call it LOVE because you're gauging each other out? You don't, so why call it LOVE at all.

• Haha, cheers for sharing your opinion. Always is great when someone stands up for what they believe in :) But, I'd like reiterate again that "LOVE is redundant even if you want that person to be there for the rest of your live".

• Not in my books, dude. But whatever works for you, as long as it doesn't detract from someone's happiness in a significant way.

What Girls Said 4

• because love is a beautiful and wonderful thing that you get to share with someone. it isn't something to be tossed around, it is pure and held with respect. i think you have to truly love someone before getting married to them.

• Well, you want to marry them because you LIKE them. LOVE is nothing more than an exagerrated form of LIKE.

• i like applesauce... i love my boyfriend. they're different emotions

• Why in the hell would I want to spend the rest of my life with someone I didn't love?

• To complete the life.

• I am saying, you need not go through LOVE to get to MARRIAGE. MARRIAGE can happen without you LOVING someone. Purposes are the same in both the cases.

• Boy get the fuck back.

What Guys Said 4

• what is redundant about love?

• It's unnecessary to LOVE someone, in order for you to marry them.

• Sorry, I don't get your first sentence. And, as for the second one, no I am single, and in absolutely no desperation to mingle. In case, I find someone in the future who could complete me, it wouldn't be delusional for me to ask them to marry me straight away and not go, propose them "I love you" and all that complex stuff.

• but why marry someone you don't love? what is the point? what is the benefit? why not just remain unmarried?

as for my first sentence. it was in regards to your sentence "And, while you're in a relationship, you gauge, judge, hurt each other and stuff." ... to which I respond all those things can happen in or out of a relationship and would if you married someone and didn't love them

• It works for gay marriage but not on men-women relationship.. Because women is emotional and men is logical..

• Why you say that? Marriage happens either way for emotional support, so why LOVE?

• Well, why do you say "I am in love with him/her"? Why shouldn't you straight away say, "I am married to him/her"?

• If i am saying i want to marry you, whats the hidden force or emotion behind it..

• I say, you are a retard.

• Thats dumb I wouldn't waste my time then