How to NOT be the overly attached girlfriend?

So I have been dting this amazing guy for 2 months now, and I think things are getting close to being official. However, one of his best friends said for advice to not be overly attached like his last girlfriend was. So how do I make sure I do not seem overly attached? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Have a life outside of your boyfriend, simple as that.

• we are both away for the summer so i will only see him maybe once or twice. How often should i text him? I dont want to overwhelm him!

• You text as often as there are things to say. Look, it's not complicated. Like I said, just make sure you have a life outside of him and that he knows about it.

I guess, don't ALWAYS be texting him first, but don't be afraid to text him first either. There's nothing to worry about unless he's giving you one word responses.

What Guys Said 5

• basally don't be clingy. like don't always text him to see what he is doing or where he is at. Don't always try to be on top of him. let your man breathe.

• we text every day, he starts conversations sometimes and i start them sometimes, I dont want to overwhelm him but it feels like we are pretty much in a relationship we just won't be seeing each other for the summer except for in a few weeks when i go visit him

• yeah texting everyday is fine IMO. it depends on the context of the text, like you always texting him first and being very specific in the messages.

• Don't be clingy and jealous. Keep whatever life you had before him going in full swing, and give him his space periodically.

• Do not talk to me 24/7..I hate daily conversation on phone.

• live your life. dont rely on us all the time, we will try our best to be available but dont go to us for the things you know you can handle

• Focus on your career, classes and make him as your second preference...

What Girls Said 3

• By having your own life and interests outside of him

• Be confident. be yourself and don't think your life will end if the relationship ends for any reason. be free, let him be free, and let the thing you have in common be carelessness about simple emotions and maturity.

• Dont text him every minute. Give him space and dont ask about his where abouts all the time.

• u mean stop being a mother.. :P

• my god.. I forgot to lock the car.. our baby is inside.. With the windows up, six months ago! ..