Should I take her for a game of darts as a first date?

Alright, I'd like to share some background about the girl first. About two weeks ago, I went out with my best pal and one of my female friends. It was one of those loose outings where you just join them to catch up. My female friend was with another friend of hers. Since the moment I saw her, she just pushed all my buttons immediately; even more so when my friend told me the details. Not only is she extremely cute and quiet, but we also have a near-perfect match in personalities. The best thing in the world is that, when I told my friend I found her cute, she revealed to me that she was interested, too (so include the 'love at first sight' in the perfect match thing). The only problem is that she is having her high school finals (she is 18, I'm 22) and since she is aiming for Med School, she doesn't go out at all, so I won't see her until next week. Unfortunately, I don't have her number and I've erased my Facebook account long ago -she did ask my friend if I had one- so we have no way of communication until then. The good news is that my friend, who acts like some kind of information broker, tells me that she is worried that I will get bored waiting, so yeah, the interest is still there.

Anyway, I have to prepare for that date when it finally comes. From recent experience, I find the usual "let's go out for a coffee" date boring and hard to maneuver within. Fortunately, my uncle has recently opened a bar with darts, to which I'm becoming addicted to, and I thought it would be a fun date if we had our coffee there. But like her, I'm a worried too that she might be turned off. So what do you think? Is it a good first date idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• Darts is a game you can't really socialise in with a new person as it requires turn taking and other people wanting a round and if she's bad at it she may get bored and not make the effort on her go's while waiting bore as you focus on your go's. She's not a dude who's gonna compete and banter with you if she's quiet unless she likes darts. Ask your informant what the girl really likes and build a casual date around that or go for a coffee near a cinema and take her to see a film after a quick chat.

• The good thing is that the particular place has coffee/drinks menus, and you get to play darts while drinking. We can always drink, play, then stop if we get bored.

• She won't tell you she's bored on a first date it's too rude and snobbish to tell someone who's arranged the date

What Girls Said 3

• That's a great way for her to loosen up. If she's busy with finals and trying to get into a great college then I think that it's a perfect way for her to have some laughs and learn something new that doesn't involve the books. Us girls like new experiences and like the song, we just want to have fun. It will be a good way for you to get close to her if she doesn't know the game and touch her arm and shoulder to place her on the right direction. Good luck and don't be too touchy, That's a turn off.

• It depends on what kind of girl she is. If she is an openminded fun girl then yes! if she is the type that doesn't really lik trying new things then no.

• Personally, I'd love a game of darts as a date. But it depends on the the girl...

If you two seem to be very compatible, share interests and hobbies and all around personalities like you mentioned, if you think darts is fun, she probably will too! If not- maybe find something else?

Best of luck to you and this girl!

• Well, it's a new hobby for me, too. I just think that if I were in her place and she invited me to something new, I would be dying to try it just because it was with her...I don't know if that happens with girls, though.

What Guys Said 1

• The thing is, if she doesn't like it, there will be signs. Like complaining she can't get it right etc, you will be able to see in her attitude. And taking her to a bar is a good option, there is others things like the food etc that you can do, eating and having a conversation. Maybe start with telling her you go there a lot as it belongs to family and you've also found a fancy to darts, ask her if she has ever played before and take it from there. She may hate it and it becomes "your thing" or she might like it and it becomes a "couple thing" should this go further. But dude, the least you can do is try right?