I'm an Indian girl, but I only date whites. Why do people get angry about that?

Most Indian girls I know of, including myself, would prefer to date white guys. Those who date Indian men usually do it for cultural reasons - namely super strict parents who wish to keep up traditional lineages.
I don't get why people need to call us all sorts of names for our preferences. It's especially ironic when the guy who calls us names (usually an indian male) himself wouldn't date particular ethnicities (e.g. black).

FYI, here's the ladder of physical traits that attract Indians generally:
European features: very light skin, sharp straight nose, strong jaw line, light eyes, thin lips, big skeletal frame.
Turn offs: bent or fat nose, dark skin, slant eyes

Most Helpful Guy

• Ach. It's this--Indian guys are going to get pissed off at you towards this, because you're basically saying, "our whole race is lousy, I'd much rather date another race."

Though a lot of us whites already don't like Indian guys. They too often have terrible hygiene (I went two years to a place that had a TON of foreign students, my God, multiple times Indian guys almost made my nose die from 10 feet away) and indian guys often loathe white guys/have a weird obsession with white women.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't damn care. I am completely aware that indian girls are crazy for white men and they feel good with white men. If i were to be in UK or US or can...i personally would have never looked at any indian girl , befriend her or ask her out.
    And dickheads are those indian guys who questions your choice. Ignore those uncivilized ones. I really hate people like that. Just don't give a fuck to them.
    As long as girls of other races are showing interest in us, many guys like me just won't care about indian girl's choice.
    But i understand family pressure and all.

• Some people consider this a form of self hatred

• "this" = someone refusing to date people within their ethnicity

• You are diminishing the number of women available to him. If he tells you so, you should be thankful, because you have one more guy, you know would not make a good boyfriend. That kind of thinking comes from guys who will want to control you. You are better off without them.

And, you don't make me angry.

• I have had a couple of Indian girls before. Wasn't nothing really special about them they were just like any other race of women. But seriously slow down on the self hate lol.

• i'm half-white, half-mexican, i've wondered for a while if i would stand a chance with an Indian girl

• Easy. You'd predominantly look Caucasian so looks aren't the biggest factor for you.

• I think you should just ignore them guys whose racist i think Indian girls are pretty , i think Indian guys just are jealous
    i see no problem with your decision to just date on race of person

• Cause you're a race traitor duh

What Girls Said 4

• I think you can be attracted to and date whoever you want as long as you don't get upset if a white guy refuses to date you. Because, I mean, some people get upset if another race doesn't want them yet that same person doesn't even want their own race. It doesn't make much sense to me.

However, if you are not one of those people, then I don't see the big deal. It's your life, it doesn't matter what other people think.

• Phunni question.

Indian girls who don't date their own kind: Traitor
    White or Asian girls who don't date Indians: Racist.

• I'm Sri Lankan and my SO is white. I've never had any negative said to me from anyone (maybe I'm fortunate).

I think it sucks that so many people from Asia in general idolise white standards of beauty and reject their own. We obsess over skin colour and the like and THAT pisses me off.

But at the end of the day - date whoever you want. Indian guys get upset because it makes them feel unattractive and undesirable.

• I prefer to date white men too (not because of looks though) but because I find Indian guys extremely sexist and most want a good "homely housewife" if you know what I mean and are extremely intimidated by a strong opinionated woman.