Is Tinder worth using? Is Tinder worth using?

Is Tinder all the rage now? I usually do better by meeting guys in person but I suppose it never hurts to try a dating app. Is it all that great? I've used OKcupid and POF in the past.
What's so great about Tinder?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tinder IS NOT a dating app. It is a hook-up and friends with benefits app (even then friends with benefits is pushing it). People join Tidner (with a FB account, to weed out spammers and bots) so they can find someone they think is attractive and fuck them no strings attached. A lot of people want that thing now a days, so that's why it's so popular.

OkCupid and POF are more dedicated towards dating. If you want to find a BOYFRIEND, use those sites instead. If you aren't having success you'll have to use a paid dating site because that's where all the people looking for serious relationships go.

What Guys Said 6

• I've met girls off of okc, pof, and match. I loaded up tinder but never used it really. I heard it's all hookups only.

Right now I mainly stick with casual encounters off of craigslist as I can't really be dating girls. They seem to be nuts online so I'd rather just stick with crazy in the sack and nothing more.

• Tinder is for one night stands and casual sex and what-not. It is not really a dating app in the true and proper sense of the word. In my opinion, you would do well not to use it.

• You got be careful people lie
    also there are people who use them
    apps /dating sites in unlawful ways

• I met the girl I'm currently dating on Tinder. I never expected to meet anyone on there (and this girl is/was the only one I've come close to meeting in person), but I think it's pretty fun cyber-people-watching.

• I keep hearing about this... I installed it but its asking me to sign in with fb... Wtf

• Tinder is super convenient, but its really hard to meet people. I swear I have liked hundreds of women, but only a few have liked me back. And I have only met one person. You are better off doing OK Cupid or POF.

What Girls Said 4

• I deleted Tinder after 3 days, because it did not work for me at all. My experience was that it was too fast, too easy and too superficial. At one point I had a whole list of hunks, When you have such a long list of good-looking guys and everyone you talk to on a superficial level is sorta nice, then suddenly they all become kind of average, The norm shifts. I also got a headache from the chaotic matching and chatting. I had a lot of matches, so I became pickier later on, but what I basically did was choose hunkier guys. I might have been missing out on great personalities, but it was too much a hassle to find that wonderful guy in all those matches. Sometimes I'd like someone, spent hours chatting and discover we didn't match personality-wise anyway. Waste of time then.
    I find it much better to just meet people in real life, since they're probably more like to have at least a few things in common as well - depending on where you meet them of course. Tinder is too fast and superficial for my tastes. Just my two cents.

• I tried it. You said everything I thought about it. +1

• Lol. I wasn't aware it was such an old thread. Sorry about that.

• No worries

• I dated a really awesome guy I met on there. But it's a bit of a hassle constantly swiping. And it's difficult to sometimes weed out the guys just looking for sex.

• I used to use it.
    I got disgusting messages on there daily.

• It's going down, I'm checking tinderrr