Is it usually awkward when you meet your boyfriends parents?

My boyfriend texted me the other night and told me his parents want me to come over for dinner one day so they can get to know me cause he met my parents I'm really excited his parents want to meet me but I'm worried its going to be awkward when I actually go and meet his parents ladies help me out please

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you make it awkward. I am sure they are very exited to meet you. Just be yourself, be calm, don't try to be over charming. I am sure they will love you.

What Guys Said 2

• just be yourself and all will be fine now its more awkward for a guy to met the girls parents if anything

• lol no. They'll probably be super nice to you :)

What Girls Said 5

• Its awkward for me to meet anyone lol
    But you'll be fine, parents usually like talking and asking questions and telling stories. I usually do more listening that talking haha good luck! :)

• No, especially if they WANT to meet you. That's a good sign and means he's talked about you to them before. Now they just want to see who the lucky lady is :)

• I met my SO's parents one at a time, kinda impromptly. It was fine, but definitely not a magical experience lol.

Don't worry - they want to meet you so they know you're important to him. Be yourself and you'll get more comfortable.

• No, it's only been awkward when my boyfriend brought me to his grandparents house and his aunt and uncle and some other relatives were there as well. I was not ready for that at all.