If you where attracted to someone and found out they had different religious views than you, would that make them less attractive.?

Like the question asks, if you where attracted to someone and found out they had different religious views than you, would that make them sell attractive.

• I'd still be attracted to them just the same.
  • I would be less attracted to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually happened to me and for some strange reason I was even more attracted. Probably because I had this opinion that somehow they were so different. Well, turns out that she was hotter and sexier than anybody I dated in my religion.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm an atheist and I dated a devout christian before. It did get pretty annoying when he would try to convince me god was real.
    I think if they try to force your beliefs on you it can ruin the relationship. And if its a lifestyle type religion like Judaism or Islam I think that would be too much for me

• Not at all! I am a christian and the guy I like is atheist. He still looks pretty damn good to me. I am not opposed to his views of there being no God. In all honesty I do not care if he does not believe in God. I am not like super religious so I do not really mind.

• Nope. Me and my boyfriend have been together 3 years , we are both Christian , but I'm catholic and he's a different branch of Christian. It hasn't affected our relationship in any way and we both know that we will have to compromise when it comes to the wedding and the religion of our children. The fact that he believes a little differently than me does not make him any less attractive , in fact the way that he accepted me even though I'm from a differently religion & still chose to love me actually makes him more attractive <3

• I can't date someone who's not an atheist. It's a non-negotiable requirement for me. I have unapologetically stopped dating dudes for being religious. I am friends with plenty of religious people, but I have higher standards for someone I date than someone I'm friends with. I need to be like-minded with them on a foundational level, and I think religious views are certainly foundational.

• I was actually in love with a guy but he expected me to also become sort of a mormon and I'm a Christian and I dont believe in all those rules and it definitely took away most of the chemistry

• Yeah that would. I don't outside my religion.

• Not at all! Beliefs are beliefs. If they treated *me* differently because of it though, or constantly tried to argue it with me, I probably wouldn't want to be with them.

• no not in the least bit...

What Guys Said 4

• Going with B since I'm not really religious. But it also depends on if they're practicing or not. Non-practicing I can deal with.

• Sort of a half and half. My attraction wouldn't change that much, but my faith (lolz) in the relationship would. My religion isn't common here in the South and the whole problem of a traditional wedding and what to raise the kids and personal stances on things come up and etc when you try to date someone different. It just turns into a cluster fuck eventually, whether you want it to or not.

• Love is my religion.

• No not really however if they try and force me to convert it'll be a deal breaker