Chronically single people, are you happy? How do you keep happy?

Personally, every aspect of my life is just fine or great even and I'm happy in every other way, its just in the dating/girls department it's seriously lacking and dragging the entire thing down, soo yeah answer the question!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been single for about 3 years now.
    I've been okay with that for a long time, only recently starting to feel the sting of loneliness (it takes me a while to feel lonely, since I'm generally a loner by nature).
    I had a string of bad relationships that put a bad taste in my mouth, making me not want to pursue any others for a while.
    I don't really know if I'm happy or unhappy about it anymore. It just is.
    I can enjoy life alone too, I just have to make myself.

• Yeah, coming to terms with it can be sorta tough huh

• lol we've been over this! It's not an attitude problem

• Hahaha!
      Yet you still have the same attitude.
      Come oooonnnnn

What Girls Said 12

• I'm pretty happy in general! Except for still trying (and failing) to get over my ex. But yeah! I don't get a lot of attention from guys, but I'm not ready to date for the time being anyways. There are still other things that make me happy. :) Like good food, spending time with friends, taking a walk, having good conversations with strangers, playing in the rain... I could keep going haha.

• Honestly, I used to think being single (being alone) was the worst thing ever. I hated that I was single. But at the end of the day, it's the best feeling to know you're independent. Like I hate seeing these couples who basically feed off of eachother. It's sad really. Being single is an amazing thing that I think a lot of people take for granted. Loom at all the things you get to do! Tragic to let it go to waste because you "hate being alone" hellllllooooo that's what friends are for.

• I'm pretty content now :) I just realized and accepted that there are other ways to define your self-worth.

• I've been single for 3 years and I'm happier than when I had relationships. Mainly i keep happy by drinking and smoking pot and by keeping an fwbs at hand

• I'm happy being single because it is a lifestyle choice that I have consciously made. Its a form of control over the relationships I have in my life which I can change at any moment. So if that special someone comes along who I would be willing to change my lifestyle for then I would, otherwise I'm perfectly content being alone.

• I'm content with being single. I just spend my time doing things that make me happy. I have more important things to worry about, being single really isn't a big deal.

• For the most part nope. I'm not ready for one

• I'm a loner, I naturally feel most like my true self when I'm without a partner. It takes at least several months of being single for me to feel an emotional urge to find a new partner.

• Im fake happy. 😩😩😩😩😩

• Yes for the most part I'm happy.

• I'm happy to mostly because me and my friends hangout a lot

• I'm always single...and very unhappy.

What Guys Said 12

• I've been pretty much single all my life and honestly, with the quality of girls I have met overtime, it's safer to stay single in this day and age. Single mothers are everywhere and the stories they give me are insane. Drug use is a problem in my area. Plus a "night out" almost always involves getting drunk. Non-drinkers have it real tough. Some people figure they'll just DD but that's not it. It's the situations that occur later.

I stay happy by not needing a woman to make me happy... and casual sex. Girls may think it means I see them as sex-objects when that's not the case. I just find women who have a mature view-point on it. The types that don't promote slut-shaming out of jealousy when they really just wish they had the courage to have sex themselves.

• I'm frequently single and it's weird but it's not something that really bothers me all that much. It might bother me more once I feel more complete in myself as a person but until I can be completely confident and content with myself as a person I don't like the thought of seeking out others. I don't want to give someone else someone who isn't the best me I can be.

• I live in denial that I'll meet someone, since breaking up with my ex a month ago I found myself completely alone in a town with no friend or family.
    I met 1 guy and we run together and i started feeling like myself before I met my ex, now I've actually got a few possibilities opening up with the ladies , I might actually get laid in the next few day!! Omg a whole 6 weeks without sex I was used to having it everyday so now I'm like really in need omg can't wait lol

• im same with you... i love my life its just that... i need a girl to fill that one hole in my heart. If i had her... i would be the happpiest person ever

• I'm not particularly happy, but I'm not at all disturbed by being permanently single. How do I keep happy? Well, same way as anyone else: Doing what I bloody well enjoy.

• Been single since mid 2009, I just hang out with friends, keep busy with school/gym/work. Masturbation helps when I need to get rid of that urge.

• I'm in between. But every single time I think my luck has finally changed for the better, I'm more than unpleasantly surprised (or not) when I find out otherwise. Recently met a great girl, it just didn't pan out.

• I have been single for several years but my life is basically stress free. I have a nice car, a nice house with a resort style backyard with a pool. Although I do miss the companionship, I really can't complain therefore I am happy😭

• I either make love to woman or jack off for a few hours

• No I am not happy, I want a girlfriend.

• I am happy. I don't know any guys in a relationship that can say the same. They always seem like their spirit is broken. I think it must be the culture, because the only guys I know that are happily married all married foreign women. Maybe if I do decide to marry I will look overseas.

Single guys can often get sex easier then married men anyway. We don't have to worry about a woman using sex as a weapon. Instead there is a butt load of single moms that are desperate to snag a guy, by offering him sex on demand.

• My dad has always told me don't consider a relationship until after college until then hookup and flirt but once things get serious backout. It has always worked out so far even though my mom really wants me to settle down that's the only downside. I'm only twenty and I will be done with school around 26 that is when I will actually look for someone to settle down with. I tried to settle down and be super respectful cause I really liked this girl and for the first time tried being polite and nice but she wanted a more aggressive dominant person which im not. So I don't plan on trying anymore until for 6 years.