Is talking about marriage with my girlfriend normal?

I could give you my whole story about how I'm in love but ill spare the details. I'm in love with my girlfriend and she's in love with me too. We're both 18 years old and going off to college in the fall. We both want to stay together and we always talk about our future. We talk about how were gonna get married and our specific ideal life (where we live, how many kids, etc.) and we can't picture eachother with out the other. My question is if talking about marrying her is over the top right now or is it normal?

PART 2: If what I'm doing is extremely abnormal, how do I go about talking about our future?
We have no serious plannings for marriage now. We just talk about how we want to get married, but not actually planning to until after college

Most Helpful Girl

• When you date someone you're either going to get married, or break up. So yes it is NORMAL!! Thats a great sign, that means you can see each other in each others futures. At 18, I would recommend experiencing life more, and growing together before getting too too serious about marriage. My bf is 21, I turn 20 this month, and neither of us are ready for marriage. We feel too young lol But we both want to get married to each other.
    BUT, there isn't a "right age" to get married. So do what makes you two happy and I wish you the very best!:)

What Girls Said 10

• It is perfectly normal and plenty of people do it. My advice though is hold off. Once you go to college and start truly experiencing life, things change. I'm not saying that you will not stay together, but it is a big possibility. Those who marry young tend to divorce. I was 16 when I got with my ex. We had 13 years together and four kids. He felt the need to go out and experience what he felt he missed because we were so young. You have your whole lives ahead of you. Don't rush it.

• Yes, it's perfectly normal. You want to know what you're getting yourself into. Why not talk about it now...even if it's just for fun.

• you are in love..its normal

• Yes it is normal for the love of Christ. Maybe you're too young so it's best to wait a few years. I know my cousin met her husband in highschool and he was her first everything.

• It may not be a normal thing, it depends on where you are at in your relationship compared to other couples. However I think it is healthy to discuss especially if you guys are serious about each other. Things could go in a direction you wouldn't have thought, good or bad. But knowing what you want in life and sharing that with her would be special!

• It happens because you are in love and can't see it changing. Its normal

• Who cares if it's normal or not, you are happy that's allthat matters

• I think it's normal, as long as you've not just been dating for four weeks. My latest ex had mine and his life planned out all the way to our retirement at Week 4. :|

• Yea that's normal just as long as you guys haven't only been dating for two months

• Doesn't sound normal to me.

• I would say taking about college together would be normal but planning kids? Ehhh? That's a little unrealistic at this point. Creeps me out but if that's what you two like then go for it.

What Guys Said 3

• Ya I would consider it normal me and my girl talked about marriage, kids and dreams etc when we were dating.

• It could happen but only if you go to the same school.

• It's definitely normal. Couples should definitely do this more often if things get serious to the point that you love them. You can then see her opinion on the future and about what she thinks about marriage.