If we were just hanging out and my mom/dad calls me?

and I said "ok mom/dad love you bye"

how would that make you feel?

and I would just say it by myself.

they wouldn't say you better say love you to me or something like that

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's pretty much awesome. You're not afraid to say you love them in front of your friends or a crush. There's a lot of people today, mostly teens I'd say, who dislike their parents or are really embarrassed by them. By saying you love them publicly/in front of friends, it shows you're not afraid to be yourself and show your love towards them, and also that you care about your family.

What Girls Said 12

• well I think that's cute. my family is someone detached. we don't hug or talk that much lol. I'm always working or something so I think that's really nice of you to at least say that to your parents.

• Definatly a good thing...maybe you already know this..but when girls want to know how a guy is going to treat them,they look at how the guy treats his mom(if they don't pay attention to it,they should).When a guy treats his mother with respect,chances are he will treat his wife this way..and if he treats his mother badly,he will probably treat his wife that way..so the fact that you tell your mom/dad that you love them an stuff is a good thing

• I think that's awesome! And you would win so many points in my book...a lot of young people these days hate their parents, it's sad :(

• I say it all the time to my parents. Mainly becuase you can never be too sure when you'll see them again. If anything, I think I'd feel reassure that this guys isn't a dumbass/jerk lol

• Yea but the ladies love a jerk/douchebag

so then what?

• Well, I don't love a jerk lol

there are other ways of being a jerk instead of not saying 'I Love You' to your parents, don't take it out on them, ahaha. but I guess if that's what your going for then you wouldn't say 'I Love you',

• I probably wouldn't think much of it.

• I'd love that.

• I think that would be a great things. I love when people are close and get along with their family.

My boyfriend will say I love you to them when he finishes talking to him and I think it is great.

I think it shows a lot about a person and the way they were raised.

• girls f***ing love it when you say "love you mom"

it shows you're sensitive.

you'll learn this when you're older, but women will judge you based on how well you get along with your mom.

• There's nothing wrong with a guy saying that he loves a family member...

They're your family...you should express love for them. As long as you're not making out with your mother, saying I love you is fine.

• Aw, so cute. A+, dude. There is nothing wrong with showing the people you love that you love them. They won't always be there, you know?

• I'd be like aww that's so cute! If I even noticed.. I say that to my parents the whole time. Guy friends I know say that to their parents and its cute. Doesn't take any of the attraction away for me if anything it enhances it. Don't stop :)

• Aw! I would find that SO amazing. Don't be ashamed or anything...like maydayparade-xo said, you should be PROUD.

What Guys Said 4

• It means you love your parents. I don't think anyone would read any more into it than that. I can't see it being anything but a positive thing.

• Shows you have a good relationship with your parents. This is a good sign for anyone who might consider you as a prospective partner. If she thinks that it's weird or daggy, then she's self-concious and needs a few months/years to grow.

• It means that you love your parents.

• that you care about em, that ur probably a family guy.. like not many people say that to their parents, I dont.. but for good reasons. any chick would like it doesn t make you gay or something