Guys: why don't you ask out girls you actually like?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I make a ton of excuses as to why she wouldn't be interested.

I gotta work on fixing that

What Guys Said 7

• For a majority of guys, it's simply that they fear and hate rejection. Guys aren't used to being emotionally vulnerable, and it makes them feel incredibly weak and powerless, and further, a rejection is often humiliating, so most guys will simply avoid rejection by never asking girls out. Even guys who desperately want a girlfriend are very often too afraid to ask anyone out.

Most guys will more-or-less get past this by the time they are in their late 20s/early 30s, due to maturity and experience giving them confidence, but many never get past it.

Women can help the situation by showing the guy that she likes him in obvious, clear ways. Remember: guys don't "get" subtlety, and that's especially true when the guy assumes, by default, that all girls hate him - he'll see subtle signs as "she's just friendly - she couldn't POSSIBLY be interested in ME!" That's why the signs, actions, and behavior of the girl need to be more obvious, sometimes to the point of hitting him over the head with it. Once a girl can actually get the message through the guys' thick skull that, yes, she DOES like him, then most guys will feel more secure about asking her out, because the chances of rejection have been reduced to the point where he'll risk it.

• Rejection. Commitment. Mistake.

What if right now is not the right time? Maybe I should wait for the right timing when I'm at my best and she's at her most vulnerable so I won't get rejected.

What if it actually works out? How much freedom will I lose? Can I take the stress and responsibility of being in a relationship?

What if I made a mistake, and she's not the one? Or rather, how do I know she's the one? If I'm with her, I'm sort of off the market - my options are limited. Is she really that good, or am I just desperate? Mistakes are better not having been made.

• Rejection.

• I can't find the girl I actually like. I mean I just don't see her that often and I keep blowing my chance to ask her out. Once I get the chance I will ask her out, until then its girls that are at hand.

• Too shy to ask a girl out.

• Because I already know the response

• Because she might (probably will) say no

What Girls Said 0