How can I overcome my fear of women?

Is my fear all in my head? I'm afraid if I get shot down I'll think something is wrong with me

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen, rejections do that...I remember the only time I had the guts to tell my crush I liked him, I ended up being rejected and since then I got so insecure.. The only thing you can do is have some confidence and learn that rejections may appear and that doesn't mean it's your fault. Who knows, maybe you've saved yourself from a superficial, mean who knows what type of woman.

What Girls Said 12

• Treat them like people and see them that way too. They won't talk to you if you are afraid of them because they won't want to make you more afraid. Don't be afraid of rejection and don't take it personally if you do. Being beautiful, rich, a genius, talented is no safeguard against rejection. Sometimes 2 people are not good for each other at all, sometimes one person is too materialistic, shallow, immoral, too happy, too tall, too short, too lazy, etc for the other person. It's literally unpredictable to say. In short, don't ever approach women expecting something from them or people in general. Just say hi, and if they say hi then great if not oh well. If they say hi, try to talk more to them, build a friendship or some base of value. With one night stands it's almost 100% based on looks. It's just the way it is. Relationships not so much.

• Who said I don't have looks?

• I hope you didn't think I meant that. I was just speaking in general. Like really unattractive people vs really attractive people (I implied famous ones with looks AND money, status not just looks alone). What I was trying to say was it doesn't matter how attractive you are it's just being friendly and unafraid and not jumping to an expected outcome too soon.

• You're not unattractive at all so don't worry just worry about not being scared or intimidated.

• Like a dear friend said to me: Embrace failure. Have in mind that you're going to fail. Have in mind that success is never a straight line. Don't fear failure and don't get paralyzed because of it. On the contrary, ALWAYS have in mind the rewards of the good outcome and whatever may happen, especially when you have failed, have the satisfaction of trying something others didn't have the balls for.

There.

• I think some girls are more terrified of guys. especially the shy girls, like me lol. Everyone is scared of rejection, but you should learn to not care if that happens. Just try to think of it this way... lots of other people have the same fear and you should try overcoming it by trying to make female friends at first to help you out.
    You shouldn't be worried! Maybe a psychologist could help.

• We're all afraid of rejection on some level. Buuuut it's inevitable sometimes and you can't just live in fear of it...because sometimes it can go very right. You just have to accept the possibility and try to not take it too personally, because nobody is everyone's type. Just push a lite out of your comfort zone and talk. Just treat them like any other person. We're all people and we're all equal

• Women are scary. Relationships are scary. I have a fear for rejection as well. One way to get over it is to not think of it so seriously. Joke about it to yourself. If you get turned down, make a joke, and try not to dwell on it. It's not easy at all, and it will take a lot of practice and pain. In the end, it will raise confidence. Good luck!

• Nobody would reject you. Thanks for wishing me luck

• You wouldn't think so, but it is. There are over 6 billion people. Half of them being girls. If you never try, you'll never overcome it.

• I'm never around women at one given time long enough to talk to them

• I am pretty young to be answering this but, we all have things that scared us. You should practice, like on strangers or your best female friends!
    If it gets to the point where you are getting physically sick from the thought of rejection you should see a sex therapist or a therapist specialized in phobias.
    Feel free you message me (:

• I know how ridiculous it may sound, but... don't see them as "women". See them as "the people you wanna talk to" first. It's easier when you don't make it a plan to woo a woman. If I hadn't come up with that after my crush rejected me, I would be scared of talking to half the human population, I guess.

• Ummm..
    Dude, first of all, who isn't afraid of rejection?
    Secondly, women are like men, both are human beings.. start dealing with women around you fearlessly, be yourself, don't care about their opinions, regardless of how harsh, bad they are.. JUST BE YOU!
    Hope that i helped.. :$

• The fear is indeed all in your head. If you get shot down, try again with someone else.

• 1. stop masturbating 2. go to the gym 3. build up confidence by respecting yourself 4. don't chase women 5. have your life and success, even if not a woman is involved in it

• Define success

• success in general : have an independent life, money, work, have respect it the society. and it has another view that is different from one person to another, means you should define it for yourself

• masturbating too much is way more harmful for men that they can think.

• By seeing a therapist to talk you through your problems

• Seek a therapist. It might help you to stop asking the same type of questions over and over.

What Guys Said 7

• Get a wingman, with whom you can play games. Like trying to collect the most rejections in one night, or the funniest rejection. A great variation is where you give your wingman the line he must use and he picks the girl he must use it on. (And vice versa.)

When you know that the POINT of the game is to get rejected, you've got nothing to fear. Games like that can teach you how to approach women fearlessly.

• The best way to overcome your fear is too face it, so start talking to women when ever you get the chance you dont have to ask them all out you have to crawl before you walk

• Loose weight.

Physical confidence=internal confidence=I don't give a shit if she turns me down cause I'm awesome=I'll find another woman cause they are all replaceable.

PS Loose Weight. Get a six pack. Drink the six pack, then actually get some Fuckin abs!

• Also, drink the six pack and get some liquid courage!

• There you go.

Drink a six pack. Go to the bar. Lower you standards. Lower your standards some more. Go up to the fattest chick in the bar. She'll be slobbing your ugly stick for hours, out of shear gratefullness that you talked to her. #fat chicks need lovin too!

Cheers mate!

• The fear is all in you're head.

So you're afraid your going to learn something is wrong with you? Because I don't know about you but I pretty much have my faults and insecurities down pretty well. It's not like you're going to learn something new about yourself after being told no a couple times.

Now if you're afraid of having to come to terms with what you already know that would be a different story. I can see why that one would cause people to hesitate.

• You're not afraid of women, that's rejection. When i was younger, i had to get rejected ALOT' to over come the fear. Not gonna' lie, continuous rejection changes you a bit. Maybe a therapist might help you out a bit?

• You can overcome it through complete apathy.

Seriously, just don't give a shit if you get shot down. You will. And you just move on to the next one.

• But I've been getting shot down for 18 years

• Maybe they are flirting and I just don't notice it

• Well, if nothing else you sound incompetent.

• Getting rejected is all part of the game. And u need to play the game in order to win

• This isn't a game it's my future

• The hardest part is physically doing it. Planning it and talking about it is easy. You have to make that leap of faith and talk to them.