Why would it take him 8-10 months of us dating for him to realize he wants to be with me forever?

So last night my bf and i got on the subject of marriage. We have talked about it before and he has said he wants to be with me forever and have kids with me someday. We have been dating for 10 months and living together for 8. He is the one that asked me to move in. We have only been apart 3 nights since we have been living together. He brought thay up a couple months ago. He said "do you know since we been dating that we have only been apart 3 nights". I asked him if that was good or bad and he said it's neither.
Well last night we were talking about marriage and kids. I told him I would believe it when it happens because I asked if he just says it because it's what I want to hear or if he actually means it. He said he means it and I said k I'll believe it when it happens. Then jokingly I said what is it gonna be in the next 10 years n he said no then I said 5 years and he said yeah with in the next 5 years. Another thing and the main reason I wrote on here is because of this. Sorry this is to much information. But for the past couple months when we are making love he has finished in me. I'm on birth control which I know is not 100% but we know if it was to happen we would be OK with it. Before a couple months ago he would SOMETIMES finishes in me but not all the time like he does now. I asked him why he use to only do it sometimes and other times he didnt. He said because he didn't know if i was mature to have a kid. Then he said that now he knows he wants to be with me. I asked him why he realizes now that he wants to be with me forever when he didn't before. He said because when we first started dating he didn't know how long I planned on staying with him. I'm just confused on why he use to finish in me only sometimes but now it's all the time. Also how come it took him this long for him to realize he wants to be with me forever. He said he realized that at 8 months. He went to Canada for 3 nights in march so maybe he realized it then but maybe not.

• Is this normal with guys - YES
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• guys can have strong emotions and in real life we have to be carefull about wanting to marry someone. some women can be vicious tward men when it comes to relationships and breakups espically when it comes to taking half of our stuff after a devorce pluss any child support which is quite unfair.

reasons like this and others are why some men opt out of the relationship game and just do what they feel happy doing.

so it took him a while before he knew for sure that just means he knows what he want's, just don't break his heart in 10 years time.

What Guys Said 5

• Guys take a while to say something like that. If a guy says it right away, something is wrong. It takes a good bit of time to get to know someone well enough to make a decision of that magnitude and if he's made it and doing his best to put a baby in you, it sounds pretty sincere.

• us guys gets our hearts broken and it may take some time to trust a girl again. and for some of us guys we know right away if the girl is the one he wants to spend rest of his life with. for me I knew right away that I want to spend rest of my life with my wife I have now. 3 hours after we met I ask her to marry me she said yes 2 days later then 2 months and one day after we met we got married and now we are going on 13 years of marriage this October

• There is no time limit for falling in love. And now that he knows he wants to be with you and trusts you he probably doesn't mind if you get pregnant, so he is cumming in side of you more often.

• Guys need time to decide something like that.

• 8-10 months is a very short period of time to realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone

What Girls Said 1

• Um...I don't even think that's barely enough time to decide you love someone.