What do you think of mixing races?

I personally think mixing races is bad. It's disturbing to see how many people claim to care and respect culture and ethnicity of other people, to be multicultural, yet they are willing to destroy it all by mixing. If you are someone who likes diversity then you would not want everything to blend together. this is just my opinion please don't get offended. what do you think of mixing races?

I can't believe some people are calling me Nazi -_- I just asked a question cause I;m interest in cultures and races im not a nazi. I just think that mixing will make it to where nobody has a culture or race anymore and that's sad

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to say I agree, but that's just me. Most will disagree with you. Race is still a very touchy subject and people are oversensitive about it.

• More like, some people still live in a backwards culture in denial that the Civil Rights era ever took place.

• @KhaysunDei what the heck are you talking about? O_o

• i agree with u

What Guys Said 29

• I just see the human race. We are over 97% genetically identical to chimpanzees.. Do you really think the differences between the social concept of race is significant in any sense? Also people can teach their children multiple cultures.. Do you honestly think the cultures that exist today aren't combinations of previous cultures? We are all mixed and we are all the culmination of multiculturalism. No individual culture stands the test of time. The only constant in life is that everything will change.

• i don't see how "mixing of races" is bad in anyway.

is diversity good? sure but is it what makes the world go round? would the world stop spinning or suddenly sink into anarchy if society were almost entirely homogenous?

I just don't see how interracial racial dating, marriage, reproducing can harm the world

• I'm all for it, we're all humans...

• It really bothers me. There used to be Anglos and Saxons and Celts and they were all nicely distinct, and now its a big mess you can hardly sort them out.

The only way to keep groups of humans separate and not screwing each other long term is to have uncrossable oceans in between.

It's a matter of how long it takes, not if.

• it shore is a big mess lol

• This is pretty hilarious. :D

• nice one lol

• What kind of a question is this? No offence but this sounds like a nazi statement.

I mean, you're definitely entitled to think whatever the heck you want. But, isn't culture a bit more important than skin color?

• do not entitle everything you don't like as "nazi" it is a scientific subject and is very important.

• Professor rushton got accused to be a racist because he was simply opening all the psychological problems that occurs when two race get mixed and it is against the government's will. and it was not just him, they were and still are (professor rushton died 2 years ago) a group of scientists of every profession that have quite a major interesting work on this subject. and they have nothing to do with Racism it's just about actual truth of the subject.
      If you don't believe in harms of mixing races have a little trip to middle east and see for yourself what a thousand and for hundred years of Genocide, Rape, migration that all were followed by major mixing of different races will do to culture, civilization, IQ rate and psychological problems.
      no offense but you're not seeing and reading enough. read more and without an emotional view.

• I was hoping you would respond, I have to admit a woman interested interested in science and a good debate is probably the most attractive quality I could hope for. Emotional? Maybe, but not like you say, more so because I find you have some qualities I rather like.

I've enjoyed picking your mind a bit and testing your views. I've had fun

• Is your sister on that BBC?

• we got to where we are now from previous mixing so culture and ethnicity is really a temporary state. Can't stop the future.

• Lol at whoever downvoted. Like the mixing up till 70 years ago was excellent, and should be frozen perpetually at that point. Well obviously so, given how peaceful everything... errr...

• If there was no mixing races I wouldn't be here, so in your opinion my existence is bad

• I love the point you're making here.

• @SaVes thanks @wolf-girl in my opinion mixing genes diversifies the gene pool and can only be healthy for the human race as a whole @NoblesseOblige I'm half Scottish/Irish and half aboriginal

• I wouldn't say mixing culture is bad nor races. I'll put it this way..why would you want to divided among the people? This is the reason why people stereotype and judge based off of race. Personally I don't think love should have any boundaries regardless of skin color, someone's background or ethnicity. Remember regardless of culture we are all the same, what we do, how we celebrate, should just be a shared experience. shouldn't really be something forced upon us especially if that's not how we want it. A lot of times this idea of preserving culture is what makes people so closed minded and so conservative to there own. I don't see it as a bad thing, because this idea in a sense is how people kind of..i guess you can say feel dominant and superior over other races. I know you're not a nazi, nazi's were misunderstood in many ways (not justifying what they did) haha and people usually jump the gun and get all sensitive if you can't see it their way...sorry if people are giving you shit for just thinking out loud..

• I think this should happen more if humanity is to destroy its stereotypes and prejudices that separate us. I actually intend on marrying a caucasian and I am asian.

• Of course I'm for it cause I loooooove other races.

• Well, apparently, you are very ignorant, so it is not worth it for me to formulate a response. But i will say this, what are you going to do about it? Nothing. So live you life and move on and quit acting like your gonna do something.

• It's mostly the guys sadly who make a big deal out of it it is a masculine testosterone issue they have. Every race guys or guys from different nationalities try to find some stupid excuse of how "their and I quote with sarcasm women were only used for sex object by a guy from a different race or nationality". Black guys say how white men used to own slave's and use those black female slaves as sex objects or how no white guy can actually fall in love with them which is a bunch of crap. Middle eastern men do something very similar the black guys do only they talk about how their men treat their women in that country, also point out the slightly different cultural behaviors, or how the women just use men that are not from the same nationality as them just for money and etc.

• I see people and judge them by there character, not ethnicity. If I'm with someone of different ethnicity its because I like and respect there culture they grew up in and would like to incorporate that to my family. To me its not bad at all and everyone is on the same level, we are human with some different cultures, and some things in other cultures I really like and respect and wouldn't mind being a part of.

• i don't think "mixing races" should be construed as bad or good. It is what it is.

• I sort of agree in a way. For example, I would like to fuck a blue eyed blond but then set her free to have blond babies who I can meet and bang when I'm 50 :)

• Mixing races?

I think it's a great idea! The Triathlon is a fucking beautiful thing!

• Haha, there's swimming, cycling and running. What Fun!

• Oh I actually used to box a little bit. Bare knuckle is not exactly IBF sanctioned though

• No. Though arguably safer since the hands can give out before head quite often.

• You're entitled to your belief, however as you can see, many people think it's their way or else they will hate on you and think the hate is okay.

• I have nothing against race mixing I just want my kids to look like me which is why I date white/hispanic girls (I'm white) lol. Plus I'm just more attracted to white/hispanic girls.

• Mixing races is not a problem in my personal opinion, mixing bat personalities is far worse!

• No race but the human race is what I think, however I do see your point about multiculturalism. Not all cultures are created equal.

• The thing is you have an offensive opinion. No, you're not a Nazi but you would make a good one with this logic. Shit though, this thread really turned out to be quite the Nuremberg rally lol. Stop miss-using the term race, were not talking about goat-human hybrids. The matter of the fact is very few people have a "pure" ethnicity. I doubt even you.

I get the feeling you're European huh...Top of the cultural food chain and all.

• I have a baby who's mixed race. Her moms white and I'm Asian :S

• 4|1
  • Your thought process is off, that is like saying you have be Asian in order to be Buddist or you have to be Hispanic to be Catholic, and lots of those people aren't even married or mixing races.

I am white and I have dated many different races of women, my thought process was she's hot I want to date her. I even married interracial and not one person has said anything negative or looked at me weird or even cared, so why do you care so much?

• agree, people who proclaim how awesome interracial dating is or multiculturalism hate their own culture, or the one they hope to "mix" with.

• it's just common sense. let's say you like, oh, japanese culture. then you take 500,000 americans and plop them into apartments in japan. what will that do to japanese culture?

• Honestly some people do enter relationships because they prefer the other culture but even that I dont think is bad? You can't choose who you fall in love with

• It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I am more than happy to date outside of my race.

• One thing that does annoy me is how people are quick are to slate those who wish not to date outside of their race, I find those people as equally repugnant as I find racists.

• I think it's fine. People should do it if they want to. America is mixed anyway. White Americans are a mix of all kinds of European cultures and ethnicities.

• You do make valid points, people who preach about diversity and want to mix with everyone are hypocrites. It is because of our differences that we're so diverse and beautiful, mixing would destroy this.

What Girls Said 38

• I don't follow your logic.
    People can be of mixed ethnic and cultural backgrounds and still pay homage to their individual cultures. Those separate cultural identities aren't destroyed, they're expanded upon by allowing anyone of partial descent to become a part of their customs. Nowadays anyone can enjoy the ideology of other races or cultures as long as they do so respectfully. I wouldn't want full blood Koreans to deny me part of my heritage because I'm half. Or Irish people to exclude me from learning about their history and taking part in Irish traditions because I'm half.

To be honest your way of thinking makes me feel that you'd rather race and cultures be exclusive to those that are fully rooted in only one racial or cultural background. And unfortunately for you, but fortunate for me and other mixed race people, that will never be.

• I don't see it as "bad" in any way, shape, or form. We're all human beings.

• Also, culture is not based on race. Any human being regardless of race can identify with any culture.

• It's accepted by me, and by more and more of us every day.

• Thank you kheserthorpe :)

• professor J. Philippe Rushton :
    "Studies of human marriages and friendships show that people choose each other on the basis of similarity, assorting on the most genetically influenced of a set of homogenous attributes... Darwin's theory of evolution tells us that the ultimate reason for behavior, like morphology, is to enhance inclusive fitness."

Mixing races reduces a person's overall genetic "fitness" and brings up so many Psychological and Genetic issues and weakens both Races involving in the process. Especially two completely different Race with very large "genetic distances" like Asians and whites or Blacks and whites. but it has very less effect when two subgroup get mixed Like Meditranians and Alpines or Dinarics and Nordics, or Dravidians and Asians etc that has lower genetic distances, though it still will have some "negative" effects.

i'm not gonna Argue about this because the whole argument is not even scientifically valid. and is way more complicated to be argued here, From neutral mixing to Irrecoverable great harms that can come from Miscegenation. it's a whole genetic and psychological field. The only thing i can say with knowledge is that "it is more harmful than many can think" and the future society will have more and more psychological and Genetic issues if it continues to happen.

• Rushton's controversial work came under attack within the scientific community for the quality of the research,[1] and allegations that it was racist.[2] From 2002 he was head of the Pioneer Fund, a research foundation accused of being racist.

• Your sources are terrible sweetie. Have a good one

• How does being a mixed race destroy and disrespect culture and ethnicity of other people? If anything, it encourages them to respect them more when they're a part of more than just one culture being a mixed race. As a person of mixed race, I am proud of who I am. And my children will be as well.

• This. When my mother's parents got married, it was a big deal that one was lowland scot and one was highland scot. By my kids generation, they're learning traditions from both our families, which may both be 'white' but are NOT the same traditions. It's the same idea, whether your skin tone is different or not.

If you think its okay for german-americans to marry french-americans, you shouldn't have any more problem with any other mix, in terms of 'preserving culture'.

• Wtf. Im half black and half white. Mixing races is good because and it creates more biodiversity into this world. Black and white people are not going to disappear. Their culture will not disappear but new ones are born by mixing them.

Mixing does not destroy anything. It creates something new

• Its an interesting opinion but I think the whole idea of 'equality' as a whole is that were all human and no race is better or more superior than another, hence respect each other and our differences because we respect each other as human beings not as colors. Having a relationship with someone outside of your race isn't really destroying anything its simply a relationship between 2 human beings? People who are in a mixed relationships like myself dont think Im cheating my race out of anything because thats prehistoric. In an interesting note I read that 'kissing' was invented so to establish a level of trust between 2 people before ancient civilization ; because you can get ill from what you put in your mouth/body-kissing is saying I trust you/not scared of you that I am willing to exchange saliva with you and risk falling ill ect. and I have found that people who hold a similar view like yourself I dont believe is due to 'malice' but fear of something you dont know/change. Im not saying get into a mixed relationship but perhaps spend more time with people outside your race-you'll see why other people dont see race as an issue. Personally I find when I meet someone for the first time the way I see them is completely different to how I see them after getting to know them-its less aesthetic?

• Genetic diversity is actually a pretty good thing. I don't see how "blending together" is such a bad thing. If anything, it might erase racism and prejudice...

• I think it does actually help reduce racism and prejudice. Beyond mixed kids themselves learning about multiple cultures, even the marginal blurring of lines between ethnic groups makes people less inclined to use ethnicity as a primary way of categorizing people.

• Pretty much yeah.

• I don't think we should close our minds to other people... Heritage is important, but it's in the mind, not in the color of your face.

Also, mixed babies are fucking adorable.

• My kids are mixed race children. Because they are mixed they get to deeply learn and live two cultures. Sorry to sound offensive but I think your argument is really dumb.

• She knows she wants it. She just isn't comfortable admitting it yet :)

• I'm really surprised by this question and the intolerance by so many on this site tbh.

• I reported it. Actually it's the first comment I've ever reported. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but slandering my kids goes s bit too far.

• I think mixing races is amazing, beautiful, and incredibly exotic. Its definitely something I would love to do in the future :)

• Benefits: Blacks and Asians are seen as physically inferior so offsprings that are mixed will have more chances to thrive without being automatically discriminated by their looks. They will look more physically stronger looking. Physical strength.

Disadvantages: Blacks and Asians will inherit certain bad genetic traits from White genes.
    Addiction to Alcohol, Sugar, Different types of cancer and other substances. Obesity. Scoliosis. Depression and other mental illnesses.

I'll probably say it's best to stick to your own kind in the end.

• You should preface this by saying that these are your individual beliefs and not imply that anyone besides yourself shares these views.

• i am half white but i've never been addicted to any substance nor have i ever been overweight. i don't even have to watch what i eat or exercise while i see full-blooded Asians around me (most are years younger than me) fattening up and having to restrict their diets.

• Yeah I'm half white also and I have none of those things...well maybe scoliosis, but that has nothing to do with being white, it's part of my disability

• I don't have anything against it, but I must say that I wouldn't date a race with a culture that is VERY different from my own. It just complicates stuff, so it's easier just not to mix with them.

• I think it's fine to mix races. I don't see anything wrong with mixing races. I think it is a good thing to do.

• Mixing races, aren't we All one race?

• Umm.. no there's black, white, asian, stuff like that

• Yea i get that, but we are all here sharing the same space, and to want to combine cultures is a lovely thing.gThe people are more informed and accepting.

• Oh sure you get upvotes. Must remember internet doesn't yet support sarcasm...

• Who cares, I'm mixed...are you saying I shouldn't be born? I'm a black and white mixed woman dating a Japanese man, and I wouldn't want it any either way.

• Doesn't bother me. We are all human anyways.

• I don't have a problem with it at all. Nothing of what you are saying even makes sense so there's no point even trying to have a decent convo with you. EVERYONE is mixed, even you.

• Everyone is mixed? now you're just lying to her, don't do that just because you disagree with her points.

• "EVERYONE is mixed" LOL just "facepalm"...

• Lol how cute, you have 2 accounts made ONE DAY apart from each other. You should have made it less obvious that you have 2 accounts.

• I am indifferent about it people should marry who they want to marry

• I think it's great. I partake regularly, and if all goes will with my boyfriend- we will make lots of little mixed race babies someday!

• Errrr... you do know the whites from UK raped aboriginals, the native americans and other races when they will colonising new land, hundreds of years ago?

Too Late to make that statement, don't you think? The damage has been done.

For example.
    a lot of aboriginals aren't fully pure blood anymore but carry ancestral blood of the whites. Nothing good came out of it. It isn't about the genes though. It's how they were raised that is important but when the whites try to make them assimilated. All that just went out of the window. They're just a bunch of degenerates now.

• Well, I am a mixed child as my father is Irish and my mother is Japanese. So obviously I find nothing wrong with it.

You aren't destroying culture by mixing races.

• I think the only race there is is the human race. We are all just tones of the same color so I don't see it as wrong since it doesn't really change someone's race. Besides, I think when it comes to love, 'race' shouldn't ruin it. If people love people of different ethnicity, than there should nothing be wrong with it

• We're all human. .cut us open. We bleed red. Besides...who are YOU to tell someobe who they can and can't love? Ignorance is bliss isn't it.

• I'm personally attracted to people of different races. I don't see anything wrong with mixing races, when mostly mixed babies come out really beautiful.

• Just be with the person you want to be and don't let race be a factor. Simple as that.

• I think they're is no problem with it. What's up with everyone complaining about people with more than one ethnicity* , interacial relationships, and if this ethnicity likes this one? I don't know...

• I'm mixed race and I love it. I love the variation of culture I get to experience. I think diversity is a beautiful thing.

• i would agree but i cannot due to inherent obligation

• Because it's not your god damn business.

• people actually feel this way? this forum is sooo enlightening

• More from Girls
    8