Girls: Does your best friend have a right to know everything that goes on between you and your boyfriend?

Does your best friend have a right to know everything that goes on between you and your boyfriend

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I usually keep most things to myself, especially physical details about him or our relationship. Those kind of things typically only get mentioned if they're relevant to giving insight about something a friend tells/asks me about THEIR partner/relationship. Like my friend recently had some concerns about her guy [also a friend of mine] and his ability to stay or get hard. So I reassured her that it was most likely a substance related issue, not a HIM issue, because that happens to us under those circumstances sometimes too. But I would never have mentioned that to her otherwise, I only told her because it related to being able to reassure her about her concerns. And it helped, she wasn't aware that that may have been the cause of their 'frustrations', lol.

What Girls Said 15

• NO, there is a reason why girls never share their fights with their boyfriends or husbands or whatever - its because their family or friends will start resenting him, even if you make up point being you told your family and in their eyes they will see the guy differently because he hurt her - at least that is what I know of...for others I do not know but this is what I believe...

• No they don't have a right to know.
    But its nice to talk about some stuff with a friend. I tell my sister almost everything me and my bf do, and she tells me what her bf does too.

• Nope! She's not part of this relationship. I tell her all the good things that are important but that's it.

• No. I don't tell my best friends much about my relationship. They don't need to know tiny minute details of everything. Even some of the big stuff they don't know or find out till later. I am not one to air out my dirty laundry, and there are some things I like to keep private between me and my SO

• No. I mean I'd be up for telling her some of the things that goes on with him and I if it's relevant, but otherwise I'd keep it private. They don't have the right to know everything, since it's his and my business, and not anyone else's.

• Yes just bc she has told me everything that has gone between her and her boyfriend.

• No. I don't think women think like this unless they're really young.

My best friend is privileged to some details but not everything by any means.

• Girls are going to vent to each other when they're upset or super happy about something you did, but some things should be left between you two. Like personal things you may have shared with your gf that you wouldn't feel comfortable telling others

• No, i think they only have the right to know as much as you want to share with them, anything else is none of their business

• absolutely not

• No! It may be nice to share and take in advice, but thats your business and if you're more comfortable not letting them know, DONT! Often times when girls get to worrying about boys, the friends swoop in and give terrible advice that can falter the relationship between the couple.

• Honestly, I don't even want to know everything that goes on. lol
    When she needs to talk, I listen, but she really doesn't need to tell me everything about her relationship. I don't tell my best friend everything.

• No. We share some things if we're stressed but definitely not everything. The only one who has a right to know everything that's going on are the 2 people involved in a relationship, no one else.

• If she asks I'll tell her but there are a few things they shouldn't know.

• No. I only tell my best friend things that both my boyfriend and I wouldn't mind sharing. Intimate details are a no for me.

What Guys Said 2

• nope. ill only share what I feel like sharing. that part of my life is only between my gf and i.

• I don't tell my guy friends anything. I don't even like them much lol.