What would you do if you seen an interracial couple together? (Black girl/white guy)?

I'm In college and it's this white guy that I like and he likes me back and he asked me to be his girlfriend and I really want to say yes but I'm scared as crud!! I hear so many bad things happening to white guys/black girls couples. Like getting beat up, killed, stuff thrown at and etc. what should I do? I

Most Helpful Guy

• Where do you live? If you're in the Midwest USA, you probably won't encounter problems. Southern states? it probably depends on where. I have a few friends who are tried getting married several years ago, and weren't allowed to in certain counties... so they just visited another county.

Personally, I wouldn't think anything other that what I might think about ANY couple I'd see during the day. Like: "Oh, she's cute... he looks like a lucky guy." or "Man, I wish I had a girlfriend!" or, "wish I looked like that guy so I could talk to girls!"

• I live in Louisiana

• I would think the southern CITIES are ok with it now days. I have no idea about more rural areas. Keep in mind, this is my limited understanding. You might be fine.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

• I see black guys and white girls together sometimes but I don't really think much of it.

• I wouldn't care.

• I wouldn't really think much of it, besides maybe, "Oh, they're interracial. That's a little rare"

• i wouldn't do anything. I would think "good for them". Its not a bad thing.

• I wouldn't think anything of it because I'm not a racist.

• I wouldn't even register it as anything different honestly.

• I would carry on with whatever I was doing 0_o

What Girls Said 5

• Nothing. What an interracial couples does is their business. Nobody else's.

Where are you from? I know that in parts of the Deep South in the US, especially in rural areas, this still happens unfortunately

• Louisiana

• Hard to tell. Louisiana is famous for it's mixed culture yet at the same time having a lot of racial distinctions. I mean if you go to NOLA or Baton Rouge, I don't think it's a problem. And if you go out to the bayous, the reaction might be mixed. I mean Sabines are multirracial, but closed to others than their own, know what I mean?
      I think you might run into some issues in northern Louisiana, especially small towns. Hopefully not.

And as soon as you cross the border and are in Texas, you run into Vidor, Beaumont, Sour Lake, which I would strongly recommend against. The racism there is very high.

Just stick to the bigger cities, NOLA and BR. Life is so hectic, nobody cares.

• I use to be in one and none of that happened

• We're you nervous to go out? Did you get look at a lot?

• Hell no, and i met him when i was 18. We did get looks, but how often, i dont know. I did not care

• I would continue doing what I was doing, thinking nothing of it. I see many interracial couples here, even as you said abd I.have never seen or heard of anyone getting beat , killed, or stuff thrown at them, at least not in this CENTURY. :)

• True, maybe I don't have anything to worry about...

• Date who you want, who cares what others think.

• Trust me. You don't have anything to worry about.

• I see so many interracial couples! It's completely normal to me, I literally don't even think anything about it. They're a couple just like the rest of the couples out there. You like who you like, go for it, regardless of the skin differences.

• Lol go out with him if you want to. Don't let someone's opinion (s) stop you from getting what you want