Do girls find chunky/chubby guys ugly/repulsive/disgusting?

I would say my body type is chunky/chubby. I have never gotten a compliment from a girl. Never even "nice shirt" or anything like that. Sometimes my roommate and I go out to the bars and I get rejected everytime and he ends up bringing home and having sex with one of the girls who rejected me. I feel so ugly everytime this happens :(. I am trying to lose weight by going to the gym 5 days a week and doing cardio twice a day out of the 5 days. I have even been called fat and ugly to my face by one of my roommates girl friends. Sometimes I even self harm myself by going to the bathroom and punching myself and putting myself down. I don't know what to do. I am trying to lose weight but I still keep getting rejected. Am I just too ugly? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Idk, it depends on how you define chubby.
    Fat=fat
    Chubby to me = thick.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/393150242442986369/
    Good God help me.

This is the most attractive "fat" man I've ever seen but he just has a reaally attractive face and he's like 7 feet tall + he's a genius.
    http://imgmm4.starnow.com/62/1662462_2329429.jpg
    Mark Labbett^

• I'm really sorry this happened to you. You seem like a sweet guy. Though, honestly when it comes to sex/one-night stands almost everyone WILL be shallow or super drunk. When it comes to relationships not as much.
      If you feel uncomfortable with your weight then you could work out, cut out unhealthy foods, it will be worth it.
      If you don't mind extra weight than own it and have confidence it will do you better than being insecure and sulking.
      Like I pointed out above, some girls will go for chubby or fat guys if they have something to compensate for it:
      -Either great face
      -Tall height
      -Personality
      -Intelligence
      -Compatibility
      -Talent
      -Humor
      -Money (If they are gold-diggers and lazy)
      -Status (for similar reasons^)

• lmao is that the chaser?

What Girls Said 12

• If you need support, please get it. Don't harm yourself when you have control to change your weight and looks simply be good self care. Your friends may be getting sex and having girls complement them, but I must tell you one truth...Sulking, crying, complaining, getting all upset about the situation is NOT going to solve anything. Focus yourself. If you want women to notice, charm them, make them want to be around you. This means ooze with confidence, no baggage and make them feel like a million dollars. Heavy/chubby men do get hot chicks but its their demeanor and attitude which wins the day. You can work on getting more toned and bulky instead of losing weight solely. This way you're gaining in the right direction. Work on sef discipline and your mindsets - change them - what you're doing now isn't working. Do research to help this. Quite frankly, you'll see difference and improvement once you stay disciplined and focussed. This is my advice to you today.

• People are assholes. Learn to love yourself. The happier you are, the better you look because it means you are content with who and what you are. Stop fretting over your looks, dude. Like they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. People have types. If you aren't her type, then you are the next chick's type. Just because one or two superficial bitches decided to be total cunts to you doesn't mean you need to hurt yourself over it. If they can't respect you, then they should NOT be given a second thought or glance. You simply can't waste your precious energy on people who need not be wasted energy on :)

• You're not ugly but you could lose a little weight and if you're working out and being healthy then calm down and relax because you'll soon reach a point where you're more physically confident and therefore more outwardly attractive.

On another note.. there's plenty of men who are slightly chubby/overweight (not massively - and neither are you) and they're so attractive to women. It's usually because they take care of themselves in other ways, dressing sharp, shaving, smelling good, and they have a lot of confidence.. they know how to make women laugh and people naturally find them sexy so... that's also something for you to think about because no matter how good looking a man is or 'fit' without the confidence and personality he can go from a 9 to a 5

• First of all stop hurting yourself! Like they have told you hurting yourself won't solve anything. Second of all it doesn't matter how you look what matters is that you act like yourself. I'm not skinny or pretty and I've been with chunky guys. I'm in a relationship with one my bf weights 2 hundred and something I do have to admit at times I get embarrassed by it but at the end I don't care because he is always super nice to me and even tho I'm not the prettiest girl he always tells me that I'm most beautiful girl in the world and that he is very lucky to be with me :) and that's what I love about him I love his personality and the way he is with me. So don't feel sad or depressed just because no girl wants to be with you there's a girl out there for you and maybe she got lost finding you lol but she will find you have patience she will come :)

• Girls who care about your appearance are girls you don't want to have a relationship with. They're judgmental and shallow. Yes at first excessive weight can be a turn off, but if a guy can still be confident and have a great personality it is even more of a turn on.

• omg they are just being dicks. I don't care in my personal opinion that if your fat or skinny if your cool with me I'm cool with you. And maybe try dressing nicer, hygiene. But honestly idont think many girls care if your chubby. So just keep trying there's always someone for Somebody

• No way. I'm sorry people are mean and insensitive like that. I hate it too. Just keep being yourself and do what you like. I'm sure she'll come.

• If that's you in the picture, not my idea of chunky. So, that would be a no

• no and based on your pic i'd absolutely date someone your weight :). and oh i'm not a chubby girl hehe. i'm far from chubby lol. i also don't have low standards. :))

• No I just prefer not to date them

• Every chunky girl I know has a chunky bf/hubby.

• No your not ugly. They just can't see it. Some girls would really like you. They just need to give you a change.

What Guys Said 4

• You are on the bigger side, I will admit but, coming from a heterosexual male, I think you're good-looking enough to land a girlfriend quite easily. Just keep working out to try to lose the weight. Also, start drinking ONLY water (I suppose herbal teas sans sugar and such are fine). Anything else is just unnecessary caloric intake. Also, do NOT go to bars to find a girl. People at bars are only going for their idea of a perfect 10 and they tend to be more superficial than the average person.

Don't give up hope.

• Yes, bar people are super shallow.

• I have been trying to go to the gym 4-5 times a week and have been playing basketball with friends for cardio. Also I have cut sodas out of my diet and stopped going to eat fast food and things like that. There has only been one time where a girl danced with me at a bar but even she rejected me when I first asked her. Some girls even said "eww no" right to my face and I acted like it didn't hurt but it did because it brought back bad memories from highschool.

• You're on the right track, mate. Keep up the diet and exercise until at LEAST 2-3 months and you'll start to notice drastic differences. And, I cannot stress enough, do NOT go to bars to meet girls!

• First off, you need to stop trying to "get girls" and start trying to "attract women". Personality goes way further than physical appearance. Take a look around next time you're at a bar; you'll see a lot of "mismatched" couples. If you have a negative body image you're never going to be attractive to someone else. Confidence and Self-acceptance are key.

• You aren't bad looking, just keep hitting the gym

• You have option bro - GYM