Does age really matter when dating?

Yes I am very familiar with the quote from Mark Twain “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn't matter.”
Yet after meeting this nice woman at cross-fit this last week I still contemplate whether age matters. She seems to have taken a shine to me and is always excited to see me, the problem is she looks to be about 20 to 24 in age and I'm 30.

So my question is if you found someone attractive but then found out there was a 6 to 10 year difference would you loose interest in them.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends so much on the situation. Are your life styles compatible, how mature you are... Personally, I dated a guy who was 30 when I was 23. It didn't feel THAT much of a difference, because he was quite young-spirited and I'm maybe a bit more mature than most girls at my age. Although it was sometimes hard, for example I wanted to go to a college party and he asked me to be his date at a work dinner.

But, if I'm interested in someone, 6-10 year difference wouldn't be a deal breaker.

What Girls Said 10

• The older you get, the less it matters, in my opinion.
    The oldest I'll date is 10 years older than me.

• I think it does matter, personally. I don't think 6-10 years is THAT bad but when someone dates someone old enough to be their parent I just don't understand it. Like, you're from different generations, it's gross on both ends.

• No because I have a Huge range and its more than yours.: ]

• 10 years is my limit.

• Yes, if you're 10.

• I'm 22, my bf is 34.. which I'd say is normal women always like older men so.. I don't see why it would be an issue.

• Thank you, I find it reassuring coming from the view of the opposite gender; especially from someone in a relationship with a big age difference.

• I think that age difference is perfectly fine. But I think anything over 10 years might be a little weird but whatever floats your boat

• Age doesn't matter if you really like or love each other.

• It does to me. I get along with guys closer to my age better than guys who are 10 years or more older. I've tried both and just like us being within 5 years.

• i know someone who is 5 years apart from their gf... relationship is perfectly fine.

What Guys Said 5

• As you get older the age dosent matter one way or the other. The best rule to go by when your are 18 to 36 is the following

{(your age ÷ 2) + 7 years}

example 1

18÷2= 9
    9+7 years= 16.

so as an 18 year old the recommend lowest age is a person who is 16.

Example 2
    30÷2= 15
    15+7years= 22

so In your case, dating a 22 year girl won't be odd at all. so longs your lives aligning well, and both at points in your lives that can work for the both of you then age won't be an issue.

I hope this helps

• Nothing matters except the law, sexual maturity and common interests.

• As long as it's not "Old enough to pee old enough for me" then I think you're fine.

• Dude. That's fine. SMASH IT WITH THE FORCE OF 1000 SUNS!

• If you're 8 years old you shouldn't be dating a 45 year old