Why are guys more affectionate than girls: kissing, hugging, romantic gestures etc...?

Why are guys more affectionate than girls: kissing, hugging, romantic gestures etc...

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, i dont know. The romantic gestures, I see it being more romantic and sweet if a guy does it. The only romantic gesture I could see that a woman could maybe do, is cooking him a nice dinner, and just doing things specifically for him. But thats not really seen as romantic. (i dont think)
    I kiss and hug him first sometimes. I think girls just like the guy making the first move, and after that I see it as a more mutual thing.
    Girls only wait because they dont want to embarrass themselves if he doesn't kiss back etc.

• But then a guy will feel unwanted if he is the only one doing sweet gestures

• Then she just simply isn't interested. Once my guy showed affection to me, it opened it up, and i felt more comfortable showing it back to him. If you are being sweet to her, and she doesn't really show it back, she isn't into you.

What Girls Said 16

• I think it also comes down to how close you are with that person and their personality, I'm dating this guy and he's like so affectionate that most of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I get nervous and can't think straight, I kiss his cheek to reassure him that I welcome his affections and I usually hug him whenever I feel like it. But between the two of I'll show you who is more affectionate. Him >>>>>>> me. 80% him, 20% me.

• because i dont feel the need to kiss and hold him all the time. its just that simple.
    ill do it when i want his attention.

• Are they, I didn't realize

• Girls are affectionate. I lov doing all those things.

• I've never met a guy who was more affectionate than a girl haha

• I think that's what makes guys so great, their desire to always make physical contact with the girl. Usually men and women are equally affectionate in general.

• What? I thought girls were more affectionate. I love hugging, kissing, cuddling, and being affectionate but it seems like theere are so many guys who just aren't into the touchy-feely affectionate stuff :/

• That's not been my experience lol

• Really? In what Universe? haha. Kidding, but seriously all the guys I know (meaning friends) are not more affectionate than the girls.

• Whoever told you this boy, don't trust him. he's a bad liar.

• True lol maybe 2 of 10 men are affectionate , the rest are looking for sex, been romantic is just the way to get the girl and have sex every time. Haa!!

• we shouldn't look at it negatively. Men should be passionate but not necessarily affectionate. if they are passionate they will be affectionate in the right times. but an affectionate man is mostly a man who cannot control his passion, he shows too much affection when it's not necessary and many times skips when he really should do it. so it's passion that's important not unnecessary affection.

• Tell me where those guys live and I'll give you a hug.

• Some men, not all men! And we women are more affectionate than men, in every level.

• I think men hide it more its not that you women are more affectionate in every way but it would make sense since women raise and give birth to children that you would be biologically more affectionate.

• Are they? Thats nice...

• They aren't usually. Some individual didn't share much affection in their family so they don't show it. Affection seems to be a pretty ungendered behavior, in my opinion.

• because boys are made to be that way :P
    girls wait for guys to say that they they love the girl first

• So they wait for the guy to do everything first?

• But don't they realize that guys need to feel wanted as well

• And if the guy is always doing everything first then they will feel like the girl doesn't care

What Guys Said 6

• Probably because girls are in higher demand than guys so they don't have to be as affectionate, they can sit back and let the guys do all the work.

• They get rejected more often and are more aware of how lucky they are to be in a relationship at the moment. In the girls' case, they just wait and guys keep coming, so it's kind of expected for them.

• I grew up being very affectionate with my parents, mostly my mom. Maybe that's why.

• Wait, you think girls know what to do? HA! nice joke.

• because girls dont care about guys

• these days girls are mostly interested in things like makeup, texting, facebook, clothes,