Why are tall guys put on a pedestal by women?

Like they get freebees from women. If your tall women assume for some reason assume you're more masculine, can fight well etc, are healthy etc, when in reality you're not. Its like they get assigned all of these qualities without ever even proving it. Im smart, healthy, work out. Im about 5'6 155lbs. I can bench 225lbs about 6-7 times, so im actually stronger the many people and even my 6.0'+ friends, but in public people will ever know.

I dont want to brag about my attributes, but it really annoying when some women think these men are better than you in all these categories on the basis of nothing when your the one who actually are healthy and put in all this hard work etc. I understand women being attracted to tall dudes and all, but this other stuff is bs honestly.

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't need a pedestal, they're topping all of us bitches with or without it xD

Seriously though, that's just the way it is. Guys like perky breasts, girls like muscle. Guys like curvy bodies, girls like tall bodies (I'm an exception to the rule, liking 5'6" guys and being 5'9" myself). Instead of complaining about it, just roll with it. If you don't check one box and know you can't, try to check another.

• "If you don't check one box and know you can't, try to check another." - seriously smart and under 18! :)

What Girls Said 9

• For the same reasons men tend to prefer slender women? It just looks better, but doesn't mean it's a deal breaker. I think most women just want their dude to be taller than she is. I'm one of them, will not date anyone under 5'10" (my height) under any circumstances. Everyone's got something about them that's shallow, that so happens to be mine. The other stuff may be "bs" but also you're just assuming that women think that. I don't assume a tall skinny guy is stronger than a short one who works out a lot, but I'd still go for the taller one, because it's my preference.

• Men prefer slender women because they can protect them better? Interesting.

P.S. twitter.com/.../1

• Majority of men are 5'10 and shorter. So what are we supposed to do? Hopefully they make a pill that makes us short guys taller

• There are plenty of women who will date a dude under 5'10" I don't want to date someone shorter than me. I'm taller than average, I want the same in a dude because it's what I'm attracted to.

• Why don't short guys with major insecurities ever realize that the fantasy in their head doesn't actually translate to reality?

No one likes a grumpy/mopey Guss that paints all women in the same negative picture and thinks of himself as an individual beautiful snowflake.

The reality is that with YOUR attitude, feelings of height inferiority, and misogyny, competing with you doesn't take much. Most men would be on a pedestal in comparison.

• 🙌🙌🙌🙌

• Seems like you got issues.

• Who doesn't? However my issues don't cripple my dating or social life. Perhaps you should look at the issues YOU have and how they are hindering your dating life Short-complex Mcgee.

• We don't think they are better in those categories just because they are tall (well I don't anyway) girls just usually prefer a guy who is taller than them, even in heels. I don't really understand it either, but it just makes us feel more protected that we have someone who is bigger than us I suppose - but it all depends on the girl - shorter girls would still think you are tall compared to them, however as I am 5'8 I would be towering over you especially in heels, but if they were the good guy otherwise I wouldn't rule him out, it's just I prefer someone who is taller than me.

• they look better. not that short guys all look bad but take the same short guy and add 4-5 inches to his height and he just would be improved physically

• Not true, there's tons of tall guys who I would never date. I do prefer tall though because I'm tall. I think you're just being insecure.

• It just looks better. It appears more masculine and powerful, I guess.

• A lot of guys prefer short girls. I'm only 5'7 and have been too tall for several guys I've liked. Other people might not be into your hair color or nose shape or smile. Just move on with life and find who does...

• 99 percent of women do want tall men. What do short men like myself do?

• You're exaggerating. Stop using hyperbole to make yourself feel both bad and vindicated. Work on what you can and change whst you can. Accept the rest.

• Tall guys are from good stock usually. Like a purebred horse or dog. Tall and skinny guys are shit. When they have meat on their bones they're good and strong and most of their traits are gonna be passed down to your kids.

• theyre not, not by me at least...

What Guys Said 11

• Why are girls with nice tits put on a pedestal by guys?

Also, for the whole benching thing, your arms don't have to go as far as your 6'0"+ friends' so obviously you're going to have an advantage on how much weight you can do.

• I agree with QA's conclusions.Tall men are often weaker and dumber, but they will still get preference.Tall people even have more health problems , later in life, and a shorter life expectancy.
    It's not just women who give tall men preference.They are slightly more likely to get promoted in the workplace, in spite of their ability.
    Logically, its's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters.It depends more on the size of the fight that's in the dog.So the human race is becoming dumber and weaker, by not being logical.

• I'm 6 ft2 and I don't think I have it any easier than the next guy

• I have no idea either but I sure as he'll capitalize on it lol

• Women like taller guys...

• How about guys that are 5'10or below? Where do they fall into?

• 6'0. I've never had girlfriend. Myth.

• Dude, I'm relatively tall (6'2''), I'm 18, I've never had a girlfriend, so I'm calling bullshit on that.

• high heel boots are uncomfortable to wear

• They don't choose to be attracted to tall guys, they just are. They're genetically programmed to be, just like guys are genetically programmed to be attracted to women with a tight body, nice tits and a round ass. It's human nature.

• Just like how guys want girls with ass and tits, girls want guys who are tall and muscular. Height is a very attractive feature in the eyes of women and you can't change that. It's a sign of superiority and women are genetically engineered to be attracted to men who they see as superior, just like in the animal kingdom. Girls feel protected by tall guys and any height below 5'10 is unattractive to majority of the girls.

• Well how bout the guys 5'10 and below? Where do these guys fall into?

• Guys 5'10 and below fall into the undesirable category by girls.