Why do I only attract emotionally or mentally unstable men? Why am I 26 and never been in a serious relationship?

I am 26 and have a great education. I work , and I am a good person. I am very involved in church. I try to help and encourage everyone. The only guys I attract are mentally and emotionally unstable. They usually have serious life issues , drug problems, no job ( or prospect of a job), been in jail , quit talking for no reason , or forget who I am from time to time. I fell like I am their life coach , instead of girlfriend/date. I am in a point in my life that I want to settle down , and find the right guy. How do I attract a good guy instead of the types I am currently attracting?

Most Helpful Guy

• hahahaha forget who I am from time to time

Dude. The onus is on you to filter.

What Guys Said 6

• Decent guys like to be the ones in charge of stuff or be 'the rock'. It's like a need they fulfill. Someone's always got to be the rock. The bad ones want you to be the rock. It may not be easy to appear less in control of things though.

• You are a helper / fixer. Good with friends bad with potential mates. You do not attract them , you are attracted to them.

• how do you end up being with them? look for a guy on your level. its not wrong to help people but its wrong to get with them for the sake of helping them.

• Maybe its the guys you're going for physically.

• ... are you hot? you don't really sound like the girly girl type of person that most normal men want

• Damn you need to higher your standards.

What Girls Said 4

• "I try to help and encourage everyone." You give these guys attention/support/time when no one else does. Them being emotionally unstable/mentally ill, they mistake your kindness and christian attitude as sexual/romantic interest in them.

Being the type to try and help everyone, most of your time/attention/support probably gets absorbed by these unhealthy people who are often needy/demanding as well. THUS you don't have/make time for the healthy/stable men in your life.

If you want to help people, then volunteer. Stop wasting your "help" on guys who aren't shit. Try spending your time and being around men who DON'T NEED ANY HELP. Go around stable people who only want you around because they ENJOY YOUR COMPANY, not because they NEED you, but because they WANT you.

• Just be who you are.. Right guy will come at the right time. Dont rush things otherwise you will end up only crying. Enjoy life and what you are doing.. You're doing fine :) .. Im sure someone will notice you. Just wait :)

• Maybe it's not them getting attracted to you but it's you who make the way open for these kind of people because of a feeling of care and pity you have for them.

• I love mentally and emotionally unstable men. Pass them on.