Are people that cheat narcissists?

What is it that makes them narcissists? Why are they that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• People that are narcissistic think very highly of themselves and consider themselves to be of great importance and power. They feel as they can do whatever they wish, like they are invincible, like they don't apply to the normal rules of society, like they are special, like they can get away with anything.

It's an ego problem. I had it bad for a while, I never cheated but I thought myself to be more important than others, I can see how easily a person who was like me could cheat. It feels normal to them.

• I was this way to before I actually treated a real great guy bad. I never cheated on him but I treated him like crap. Until this day I regret treating such a sweet guy like this. I was narcissist and just felt more than others. I realized I was just lying to myself every single day and it was constant chatting in my head on how I was better. I got sick and I became humbled after this. Now I feel I'm a recovered narcissist. I have thought of cheating but I just don't have it in me. Even when I was a narcissist I knew it was wrong.

• Who needs to cheat when you can just have an open relationship?

• Is that what you do now?

What Guys Said 4

• No, they're hedonists

• It could be a contributing factor to some people. It all just depends. No one can be defined by one word...

• have all the narcissists you know, cheated?

• Yes from the ones I've known

• i can't believe you if you can't show me

• its now officially your opinion

• no, they are neglected and just want someone else who will give them what they want

What Girls Said 2

• No. all types of people cheat. they don't have a specific characteristic that makes the cheating happen. Sometimes people cheat because of alcohol, other times they cheat out of revenge, or out of spite, or because the other person was just really hot , or the relationship they are in is dead and they are in denial and all of a sudden they loose control. Everyone is like human and humans make mistakes. I'm sure some people who cheat are narcissists but not all of them

• Sometimes. You raise a valid question. I think some of them are narcissist but some of them are just childish and selfish :( .. Some of them realize how they hurt their partner by cheating but some of them don't really understand how they hurt their partners.. they just do first and think later. .. and later realize that they have done something really bad.