In your honest opinion, is my height a major disadvantage?

I would say I am rather short in stature for an American male, approx. 5 feet 6 inches. Most other guys around me surpass me in height. There are even teen and preteen boys about half my age (I am 19) who are my height.

I am assuming this is why girls are never attracted to me.

I am shy (mostly around beautiful women and strangers), yet have a tough and assertive personality. I am also a PSO (public safety officer) for a college system and have worked in public safety services for a few years.

I am very social at times, yet I am extremely awkward.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a disadvantage yes, a big one too. Though it doesn't make it impossible for girls to be attracted to you. Most girls want a guy that's taller than them, so go firs girls smaller than you.

Tome Cruise is only 5'7 , Jason Marsden 5'4, Josh Hutcherson 5'6 , Dave Franco 5'7 , Al Pacino 5'7, Daniel Radcliffe 5'6 , Dustin Hoffman 5'6

In most cases women will probably prefer the tall hunks like Alexander SkarsgÄrd, Chris Hemsworth or Ryan Reynolds but those other shorter actors def come up when you ask for attractive actors

What Girls Said 8

• My personal preference is a guy taller than me. BUT I have plenty of friends who always date guys shorter than them and it's no problem. And honestly if it comes down to it height wouldn't matter to me if we clicked. Don't let your height determine what you deserve let your personality.

• I personally like guys taller than me, but its not really an issue with me because I'm only 5 foot 2 inches tall. However, it's important to be confident, and if you slouch you will appear shorter than if you stand with your head tall

• It's a huge disadvantage. But don't be discouraged. My SO is 5'6 and i'm 5'7, we worked out just fine. While I tend to go for taller guys [my most recent ex was 6 3''] I was won over by his adorable personality and romantic side.

• Buddy, I don't like to be the only female who is saying this, or one of the only ones, but It is a disadvantage. A big one at that.

Women are wired psychologically to go for the larger, more powerful male. While there are plenty who can go around this mind-set, many still adhere to it despite claiming otherwise and thinking otherwise. It's depressing and shameful, but it's nature.

• It shouldn' t be

• Most guys will say yes and most girls will say no but sometimes it's not all about the size.

• I think height doesn't matter... it's all about personality... maybe you should learn to gradually overcome being awkward...

• Your height isn't completely terrible. I'm into tell guys but if a guy your height approached me and had an awesome personality I would give him a chance for sure.

What Guys Said 4

• My friend, I hate to tell you this, but your height is a big disadvantage. It is not insurmountable, but it will not be easy to overcome. The median hight difference that a woman feels comfortable with is 7-8 inches. This seems very high, and it is. It also does not make sense at all. On a dating website that I tried, the minimum hight requirement of every one of the 347 profiles that I met all requirements of, except hight, was 5'10". I'm 5'7". I also did a rather a rather loose survey of 298 couples in 4 different high traffic areas in the city that I live in. It's a large city actually. Out of the 298 couples, only 7 had a guy that was less than 5'10". So, the best advice i can offer is to be in shape, work on developing a dynamic interesting personality, and of course, find any way you can to build a rock solid self esteem and be confident that you are worthy, even if the majority of women can't see your worth beyond their prejudice against your height. Good luck! and don't loose hope.

• I am 6'2" and I have failed miserably with women up to this point. It probably has something to do with my personality disorder, lol. I think your shyness/awkwardness is more of a disadvantage because we both have that in common and probably have similar track records.

• Yes it is a major disadvantage. Don't let women lie to you. Height is one of the biggest factors that first attract a woman to a man's appearance. You don't have to be tall to get a woman, but it certainly helps.

Unfortunately the only way to make yourself taller, is through a really scary medical procedure. They saw your leg bones in half, and separate them a little so they will try to heal together. Then they do it again, and again. It can take years to get to the desired height.