Why does he act this way to people about marriage and kids?

My bf and i have only been dating for 10 months n we live together. We have talked about how we want to get married and have kids in the future. He said that it will happen within 5 years. But what I'm confused about is how he responds when people ask him when we are getting married or having kids. Last night his friend asked if he got me pregnsnt yet and he said nope why and his friend asked what he was waiting for (jokingly). I asked him why he said it like that. As in it seemed like he ssid it in a way as in he didn't want it to happen. I didn't hear him say it to his friend he just told me. I don't know if he's embaressed or what. Then last night when we got home I asked him about thay and why he responds like that when people ask him and he said because people don't need to know. Why would he say that? It's like he doesn't want people to know that he wants to marry me or have kids with me...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're being ultra sensitive about this one. He's told YOU he wants to marry you and have kids someday, that's what counts. I think it's just a guy joking/communication thing. They can be rather insensitive and not even realize it. I know how you feel, sometimes when kids come up in conversation my guy acts like it would be the worst thing in the world, even though we've discussed possibly having kids someday. It doesn't make me feel good, but I know he's really just playing around. It's hard not to take it personally, but if he treats you well, and his actions say he cares like he should, let it go.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• He is right. People do not need to know. This is your life and his life and it isn't their damn business or their damn decision to make. Whether they do or don't want it to happen isn't important and it does not matter what they think. Why should their insecurities get in the way of your mutual decision?

If they have something helpful to say, then they should spill it or shutup.

• Well most of are friends want us to get married. I just feel like he doesn't really want it to happen by the way he responds to people when they talk about it.

• I think his friends are getting on his nerves. If its going to happen with him as the groom, then it will be on terms he can accept. It is always good to let a relationship run awhile before getting married, and letting it run awhile longer before having kids. This is probably his 5 year idea. Talk to him about it and see if this is so.

• That is an awkward thing to be asking somebody.

In all likelihood he doesn't want to get married or have kids, but he knows that if he tells you that you'll leave. So he fibs a little to keep getting laid.

• I told him not to tell me that just because he thinks it's whay I want to hear..and he told me its the truth and i just told him I'd believe it when it happens. Also he finishes in me every time we have sex so I don't know why he would do that if he didn't want kids with me...

• your young and before you two hit 30 his mind will change, it usually hits at the age of 28 when you realize your not a young pup anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he just thinks of it all happening in the distant future, don't worry I think he's happy with you

• he might be having a kept to himself personality