We aren't dating but I'm lying about talking to other guys, what do I do please help me?

So I've found myself in a situation I've never been in before. A few months ago I starting hanging out with this guy. I told him right away I do not want a relationship and I am talking to and seeing other guys he is fine with it. I did tell him if we start having sex with each other he would be the only person I'd be sleeping with, I would still go out on dates with other guys and still talk to them but when it comes to sex I prefer only one partner at a time. So eventually the guys I was talking to, I talked to less and less but I've met new guys and went out on dates no sexual stuff. The guy I'm hanging out with asked me if I was still talking to guys and I said no because at the time, I wasn't but now I am and the last few weeks he's been slightly paranoid about me "leaving" him and I do not want to hurt this guy at all and I'm getting scared and feeling terrible because I feel like he is getting serious but I'm not at all. A guy I had talked to before I met him recently came back into my life and the connection is strong. I don't know what to do, now I'm lying about not talking to other guys and I don't like it. How do I get myself out of this situation, how do I not hurt him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You Seriously need to sit him down and tell him you want to go out with other guys and you are sorry, but-----No more sex. You both Have to just remain friends in Order to keep what must be Now your 'Friends with No benefits' relationship before he really gets hurt. Yes, He most likely Is getting 'serious,' And if you don't say something soon, the lies will just escalate. End your own misery...
    His nose May be broken, he may even 'snub' you for awhile, but it's best this way before things get way out of hand and his heart gets Really ripped off of his sleeve, with a far Worse "Situation."
    Good luck.xx

What Guys Said 2

• In this situation, good chance someone is in fact going to get hurt. No way around that I'm afraid.

I've been in a slightly similar situation too. Just as others have said, best to deal with it now than to wait and keep feeding wood to the fire. Things will only get worse. Put yourself in this "guy who you have been hanging out with" shoes. What do you think his viewpoint is? Possibly mixed emotions, mistrust, jealously. It's apart of life and dating in general, making mistakes so we can learn from them. I could be wrong, but I think this has been going in the wrong direction from the beginning. The point when you said no relationship but talking and seeing other guys and he said he is fine with that. Something tells me he really wasn't ok with that. That being said, I think that either you aren't on the same page with each other and at different stages. Or you are, and you lost a connection you once had. All in all, a face to face conversation would be wise.

• I think you just need to decide which guy you like and have the strongest feelings for. You need to admit to yourself that you are ready for a relationship first though too. You have to be honest sometimes even if it hurts a little. Tell him the truth and take some time to figure out if you want to be with him. If you do then tell him that as well. The other guy should still be able to be a male friend in my opinion. You shouldn't fool around with him at all though if you choose to enter a relationship and want to make it work. If you keep lying you will not only be upset with yourself, you probably will also get caught and really hurt the guy even more. I know it's hard but I hope this helps you. cheers :D

What Girls Said 0