Why don't I get approached by girls?

Hey, I'm 17 and I've never had anyone remark on my appearance and to be honest I've only ever talked to a handful of girls in my life I just wandered why this is the case. I'm a little shy but I do talk and I've had one girl say she liked me but I messed up with her before anything serious came into fruition (accidentally said I loved her). My profile pic is me (can't add links as I'm not level 3) so maybe its how I look, not too sure tbh.

if the profile is too small to see then just go here

http://gyazo.c o m/ 5b5433984542a1e069875023b98c84ba

(just delete the spaces on the link :)

thanks in advance

Thanks for all the advice, really great introduction to the site

Most Helpful Girl

• there are lots of girls who pass guys on a daily basis and chose not to approach them due to their shyness or maybe no interest. But i'm sure many girls have passed, that have thought decently of you, but didn't say or do anything about it. They were probably expecting the guy to do it, like in the movies and shit. But the right one will pass, don't worry. they're probably just as shy as you.

What Girls Said 12

• You're cute. I'd date you if it were based on only looks. But cuteness is only a small step. Personality is what counts.

• I guess but the problem is that initial step before they know me. all they would have to go on is looks

• thanks, appreciate the advice

• Ok, I can't seem to open the pic, stupid broweswer but here's the deal.
    Most woman will agree that assertiveness is a given jn males because they are more aggressive by nature.
    Unless you are super duper hot
    Already know her and she likes you
    Rich
    Famous
    Hilarious
    Popular
    She will not approach you if she does not know you because she won't want to come across as easy.
    It takes an incredibly shallow, foward, experienced, confident and sometimes slutty girl to do that.
    The man initiates the relationship, the girl initiates interest. For now you will have to look for non-verbal cues for signs of interest or just ask her yourself. Sorry.
    Even in liberal America it is like this.

• any basic signs that a girl likes you? also you need to delete the spaces on the link for it to work :)

• ok thank you, I will in future

• Good to hear, again good luck man :)

• You're cute, but you've got crazy eyes.

• Haha, I don't usually take photos so that may be why :P

• Wow, girls, 9 out of 10 times, even if they like guy will NOT approach him. So don't expect that to happen really.

• yeah, this has been a wake up call for sure :) thanks for telling me tho

• Its a shame really, would be nice to know for sure a girl likes me, but you play the cards you're dealt. I guess I need to just do it

• yes lol because girls are taught if we chase guys they won't like it because men 'like the chase' and want to conquer etc etc.

• Your cute I don't think it's your looks keeping girls away. Are you shy?

• Girls usually don't approach guys. They only will if they have a crush on you i've found.

• well then not many people have had a crush on me then :P. I appreciate the advice tho, general consensus is to just overcome the shyness

• What's your personality like?

• I'm pretty shy to be honest but because I'm aware of it I strive to make it less so. I'm sensitive I guess as the girl I liked said that some of the stuff I said "was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said" or something like that. I have to be sure a girl is intrested in me before I approach her as 1) she could have a boyfriend and 2) going up to someone who doesn't like you can be seen as creepy nowadays :)

• You sound like a good guy who any girl would be lucky to have. You'll never know if you don't try.

• yeah I guess its just a case of not being shy anymore :)

• You are too cute, girls won't approach you because they are probably shy also. It's ok to be shy, that's ultra cute to girls. Don't worry you won't have trouble finding someone. :)

• thanks, I apricate what you're saying. Guess I just need to figure a few things out

• Girls don't approach guys so much

• yeah I've realized that now :) need to work on my confidence

• Omg your super cute! And girls get scared to approach guys. Find an excuse to approach a girl! Or just do it because no matter who you are or what you look like it always makes a girl feel happier.

• Yeah I guess you're right. I just feel like if someone who looks like a creep asks a girl out it must be pretty bad for a girl, wouldn't want to inflict that on them

• Well you don't look or seem like a creep! And a guy who i do not find attractive in the least way told me i looked amazing the other day and i literally was so happy for the rest of the day.

• Yeah, I get you're point. I need to just put all the inhibitions behind me and just do what I need to do to be happy

• A lot of girls prefer the guys to do the approaching, so you may have to get out of your comfort zone a bit to see how that goes.

• ok, I'll try, bare in mind I have zero practice tho :P

• Thanks :)

• Yes, dont give up.

• Most girls don't approach guys. So u probably have to start approaching girls tbh

• Yeah thats what people having been saying aswell. Its against my nature as I'm a bit shy but guess it has to be done

• yeah, I know its all in my head but I still have a problem

• Practice makes perfect ;)

What Guys Said 10

• Normally women do not approach men and it could be due to shyness.

• yeah seems that way Phoenix

• Luckily for you shyness can be worked on and you can gain confidence just takes time.

• Girls don't approach guys, normally. You have to take action

• Gurls are poocies unless u are a poosy too. If u are a real man, than man up. Society makes the cuties this way so...it can't be helped >.>

• most girls don't approach guys but some do. it just depends on the girl but try and approach someone you think that is interesting. just go on a few dates to get to know them better and then you will know if you really like her. if you never make a move then you will be seeing as a friend

• How do you go about approaching someone? I'm 17 and haven't had tons of experience in the matter

• if the girl rejects you it doesn't matter because rejection is part of life and honestly its not like as if you are using them just to get them in bed so there is nothing wrong with asking someone out. you are looking for a long term relationship so nothing like that will happen

• ok thanks man

• Maybe it's the way you carry yourself or something man?
    I've had some girls approach me before so not all girls don't approach.

• yeah, the thing I assumed straight away was appearance but apparently thats not too big of an issue. I guess I just need to change something about my personality

• Yea, that's probaby it.

• I have a better question for you. Why don't *you* approach girls?

• Because girls don't approach guys. Guys approach girls

• Is that a school tie you're wearing?

• nah, I just wore it out with a leather jacket :) I'm 17 so we dont wear uniform

• "why do you ask?"
      Just thought it might be an English private school tie.
      If you had been wearing a straw boater in your photo, I would have asked if you were a student at Harrow.

• ah, Never went to private school myself. I can see why it could look that way tho, I just wear ties sometimes :P

• Because it's not "what girls are meant to do" - it's stupid, but that's society.

• yeah, new to this whole thing so its news to me :P thanks for taking the time to answer

• Girls generally don't approach. So you're doing well to have had even one do that.

Fix your hair, bro. Practise a less creepy smile. Otherwise, there's no problem with your looks.

• I don't like taking photos so doing so was pretty awkward for me (hence the smile). What kind of haircut do you think would be best pal? :)

• I'm not a hair expert. But probably a short hair style.

• kk thanks