Did he reject me, is he just being polite, or am I over thinking this?

I've had a thing with this guy on and off for almost a year. I feel like it's mostly based on attraction, but we also get along pretty well. I think I set the tone for our relationship early on making it pretty clear it's just casual. We usually just go out to bars or parties and then go home together. I kind of bailed on him when we were out last night, and my friend told me he looked bummed. I felt bad, so I invited him to come out to this baseball game I had tickets for today. He said, "ahh that sounds awesome! but my best friend gets home from Europe today, and I promised him we'd grab dinner. Thanks for the invite though! Thanks again for dropping me off last night." That is better than "sorry I'm busy today", but it made me wonder if we can't do things during the day because of how I've established things. We don't text a lot, but I do see him once or twice a week, and he does seem into me when we're out. Is it possible to change our current relationship or too late?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mean to be rude but its kind of your own fault. Your the one that established the "night only" relationship. You can't just want it to change overnight. You have to actually talk to him about it. Oh and another word of advice don't show him you feel bad for him after bailing on him because that will only make him feel more pathetic and doubt himself more to you. Instead just apologize and make it up to him next time.

What Guys Said 2

• one year is kinda long in my opinion. what you should do is tell him next time you go on a date with him that you are attracted to him and that you want to get to know him better because then you will have a real answer if he likes you back in return. if both of you never admit your real intentions then nothing will ever happen but to answer your question he was just being honest with you because he had other plans from the beginning

• He was being honest. However why do you just want it to be casual. Why not take it more seriously?

What Girls Said 1

• The only way to change it is have a conversation about how you feel with him