Am I ready for a relationship?

Hello Everyone. I'm eighteen and I've never dated before (though I've had things with girls such as telling eachother that we liked eachother and going to a movie or something, but the longest of these lasted about a month). All my classmates seem to be comfortable dating and have been for a very long time.

I'm considered very mature for my age by my friends, teachers, and family. I want to have a relationship, not sex, a relationship with someone that I can fall in love with and start a family with. I don't care about sex, if she wants to wait until marriage, I'm perfectly okay with that. Yet I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship. Any time I get close to someone, even though the feelings are there, it seems like I can't push myself or the relationship further. It seems like I am always stuck in the "let's send cute texts to eachother and maybe go to a place," phase. I want to go further, I want to hold her hand, I want to hug her, I want to kiss her and hold her in my arms but I feel like I'm just not mature enough.

Every girl I've ever had a "thing" with is still a friend of mine. They always end on good terms. Though I'm heading to college now to study Aerospace Engineering and I'm hoping I can meet my soul mate there, but I feel like I just don't know how to do relationships. Am I really ready for a relationship? Am I just too scared to move forward? How do I learn how to "do" relationships?

What Girls Said 1

• If you feel ready you are ready. You are young. Part of a relationship is learning about yourself and life.

What Guys Said 1

• I know how you are feeling. I have never had a relationship which has lasted more then a month. I've been dating this girl whose I couple of years younger then me for at least a year. we talk everyday and before I go to sleep I send her cute messages so she can wake up to them and it makes me feel better. even though it's some times generic she still loves to read and know what I think of her. we spend a couple of minutes a day talking about what we don't like about each other (if any and talk about our feelings) recently I got quite drunk and feel asleep next to her and we talked about how when talk drunk is cute but she would rather I was sober saying these things. you need to be right for each other and just talk. you might not be ready for you to find "true love" but you will never know until you look. you can still have a relationship without sex. there might be things she doesn't like about you. E.g. for me I care about all animals and life and I won't kill a slug or snail even an ant. when you go to the uni or what ever don't find the first girl/guy try and make friends for the first couple months then move on to more. (I only put guys if it effects anyone else who might read this)