What is something that held or is holding you back from dating?

What is something that held or is holding you back from dating? If you overcame it, what was it and how did you manage to overcome it? Most of the time I will add my 2 cents in but I really don't know what it is :/

Most Helpful Girl

• freedom and time. I don't want to lose too much freedom (I've been with guys who go through my phone and have my passwords etc), and I'm pretty busy lately so that what held me back from dating.

What Girls Said 11

• Well I believe that girls shouldn't depend on guys to pay for their meals, etc. They should take responsibility for themselves and take turns treating each other out. This being said, I'm a poor student and the restaurants and places that are good for dates are costly when combining both peoples bills. So money is definitely an issue.

• Im not ready because im not in the place i want to be in life

• I definitely have some abandonment issues and tend to get scared in relationships that the person is going to leave me. It's not that I'm insecure with myself, it's just something that I've struggled with for a while. I know that it's definitely messed up relationships for me in the past so I try really hard to not let it show but its hard sometimes.

• I'm afraid to fall in love again and end up in the same crappy situation as before.

• If I didn't want to date at the time or just personal stuff that I needed to handle before I got into a relationship.

• Personal issues.

• That the past will repeat itself :(

• I'm not really sure anything is holding me back, nothing in particular, anyway.
    Part of it is just that I don't get out enough, part of it is that I'm a little tired of people and probably show that when out in public, part of it is that men just aren't knocking my door down, part of it is that I'm not beating down anyone else's door either... it's all just circumstance and a lack of genuine attempts.

• Shyness. It's hard to date when you're shy

• I didn't want to date again for awhile because I was scared of getting hurt again, because I was in a long committed relationship.

• I'm not happy with myself. My friend asked me out and I told him to ask again in 2 months maybe then I'll be ready.

What Guys Said 4

• 1 - High Standards.

2 - Introversion.

3 - Intellect (I...talk about really deep things, and I suck at small talk. As in, have 0 percent capability of it. If we can't talk about something interesting, we aren't talking at all. I get VERY bored with girls who don't show passion in their life. If you're alive and all you have to offer is talking about gossip, then current events, then more gossip, I don't want anything to do with you).

4 - Interests (I'm a nerd, a proud one, finding a girl with similar interests, hell, even one in the somewhat same ballpark who I find attractive is not exactly easy).

• The Starbucks by the university is too far to walk to...

• Being depressed or not confident. That keeps me from dating atm

• Absolute shit luck. That about sums it up.