I like my boyfriend, but he isn't the most attractive?

I just don't know what to do. My boyfriend is so nice to me and he's SO sweet, and it just makes me feel like a b*tch...
He just isn't that physically appealing. But I like him. I don't know why, but it just keeps popping up in the back of my mind that he's a little...yeah. Is there any way to stop thinking he's gross? Because I really want to get over it /:

Most Helpful Girl

• Coming from a girl who has experienced this I can say I know how you feel. Sad. Guilty. Unworthy of his I don't know niceness? But the best way is to look for the things that you do love rather than dwel on those you are less fond of. Once you focus on the positive things and maybe compliment him things will get better! :) good luck.

What Guys Said 9

• Wow. He deserves much better than you. He is great to you but you can't even appreciate him because he doesn't match up to your standards when it comes to looks? How would you feel if he thought these things about? How would you feel if he said "I don't know why I like her, she's not physically appealing and she's gross." I bet you wouldn't like it very much would you? This just goes to show that no matter how good you are to a girl its just never enough. It all about looks.

• See this guy gets it. And if her BF ever said the things she mentioned he would be the biggest scumbag on earth.

• It's sad but if you just don't fancy someone and your thinking this while your in a relationship with them then it's just not gonna work out.
    It's not going to get better this is the best it's gonna be.
    It's sad we as a species think like this but there's nothing you can do about it , you fancy his personality not the shell that it's in, I'm not shallow but I just can't date someone I don't physically fancy, I need to be Attracted to the inside and out:(

• In what way is he not physically attractive?

• For one thing, he's almost 19, and he already has a receding hairline and barely any hair, and it looks like he's 40 /:

• Well you love him for who he is.

what would you rather. An attractive asshole man or the sweetest guy that doesn't look so good?

Its up to you though, if you wanna tell him don't lie about what it is.

Personally i wouldn't end a relationship cause of that. Was he always like that?

• Why the hell did you even start dating him in the first place? Do him a favor and break up with him. If he stays with you it will only get worse. If you didn't find him physically attractive why even lead him on like that? I feel bad for the guy. He probably thinks the world of you too. If only you knew how it felt to be called "gross" by the one person that you are supposed to trust. You don't call your boyfriend gross.. what is wrong with you? It doesn't feel good to be called gross by anyone..

• People always keep telling me females aren't shallow? I keep proving them wrong. This Question Asker is living prove. All women and girls do is bitch and complain how guys don't approach and when they do the guy is too ugly for them. Hypocrites.

• I just think you should cut it off. Finding him attractive is important

• You could simply try to forget about the problem or if its too much of a issue you could dump him

• I have to say if you can't get past it, then you need to break up. Otherwise, it won't be fair to him in the end.

As a guy I was in this situation and I had to leave the girl. It sucked, because I loved her personality but I didn't like her looks one bit at all. So for me, it was a no brainier, as I have to be at least SOME WHAT attracted to her and I wasn't physically. Sometimes people can work with it and be okay with it some people just can't.

So I say give it time and see if the feelings change, if not, then you need to move on and let go for both your sake.

• I've honestly felt similarly myself sometimes. I know several girls who are fun, confident, and generally outgoing with wonderful personalities yet who tend more towards the unattractive side of the spectrum physically speaking. Sometimes I feel like a relationship with them would be great, but looks do "get in the way" so to speak. Then again, my opinions on what's "physically attractive" have been considerably subject to change.

• Just dump him before you cheat on him with someone with a nice bod and handsome face.

What Girls Said 5

• Ok you don't like him. If you truly did you would like him for his looks and his personality. Break up with him because he deserves to be with someone who isn't thinking about how bad he looks.

• hahah, no but at least you like him

• Think of the good stuff about him

• Its not whats on the outside that makes some one attractive but since that obviously dont matter to u I say dump him before u really hurt him

• If you don't feel sexual desire towards him there's nothing to fix and it's probably a dead end relationship.