What are your thoughts on dating sites?

I feel like most of the guys on there are just looking for one thing and it's frustrating because it's hard to know where to meet someone these days that isn't just after sex. I've been on a date with this guy twice and he wants to see me again (he's from a dating site I'm on) and I went on the site just to delete my profile (not because of him but because I'm sick of online dating). Now I feel strange because he was online, I don't expect a guy to get off a dating sie just after a few dates with me but it makes me feel like shit, like he can't be that interested if he's on there looking for more girls. And how can I tell if he's a player? I've noticed he's been online even when he's texting me. Just makes me feel like crap is all..

What are your thoughts on dating sites, have you had any luck? And should I feel like crap that he's still on there looking for other girls, I know he's not settling with me that's fair enough but it just makes me feel like I'm not good enough.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate dating sites, you never really know who you are talking to. I was also on a dating site once and the women are just as bad as the guys and that is why I don't trust dating sites. I don't think either gender should look there to find a partner. In my opinion the worst places to try and meet someone if you are wanting a serious relationship are dating sites, night clubs and bars. This goes for both men and women. The best place to meet someone is somewhere you share the same interest as them (say you love photography), you join a photography club and there you go step one is already there you are talking to a guy or girl depending on your gender that already shares a common interest with you. This gives you something to talk about, it breaks the ice, then you may have coffee with him or her and before you know it they are your partner. It does not always work out that way but that is your best chance. Having said that there are some good people on dating sites of course but in all honesty it is not a good place to meet people.

What Guys Said 5

• Well I think dating sites are cool. I am on a dating site but not everyone is on it just for sex, I for example would like to find someone nice to talk to, he may have friends on the site and could be talking to them one it, I haven't been on a date yet however I have become friends with some people and I would talk to them but not in a flirtatious way. He could be talking to friends you never know, after all it is a good way to meet people

• I doubt he would be on there just talking to friends. And he offered to drive me to a club that I am going to next weekend, I'm finding that a bit odd. Either way it's hard knowing who is genuine and who isn't on dating sites. Don't know where to meet people anymore, I'd like to meet someone the "normal" way.

• Well yeah I understand what you are saying, Well what you consider the 'normal' way to be. like meeting someone through mutual friends or meeting at a bar, something like that? If so maybe you should try and get out more or make yourself more approachable when you are out and about. Good luck I hope you find someone good anyway,

• i personally go on dating websites. I find girls in person and just go from there. Keeping it old school. Forget that online stuff. They could have a fake pic plus like you said could just want sex and nothing else. This is the reason i have trust issues...

• Hot people don't use dating sites...just go for a walk.

• dating is different than having a committed relationship, and guys are looking for love and sex, and those girls who go on those sites and get offended by sexual comments or whatever shouldn't be there or be expecting to ever get a boyfriend in the first place cause those girls are stupid and obviously dont know what a guy is for, and some girls are stupid and just out looking to get pregnant

• I was on a dating site for a while and women were just as bad as men. I feel like normal people don't last very long on dating sites because the sheer number of weirdos and assclowns drives them away pretty quick. Two normal people good for each other running into each other on a dating site at the same time is almost like catching lightning in a bottle. Pure chance. Most people end up catching bullshit in a bottle and leave pretty soon thereafter.

I can't see myself ever going back to a dating site.

• Yeah I think I should just stay off them, he has been online on there a few times now, I must just be another option. I don't have hope that I can meet a decent man these days

• Not online at least.

What Girls Said 3

• I just sign up for dating sites because when I get bored I just like to have something to do. I don't actually date any of the people I talk to though.

• Its called go to a site where you pay because people are more serious

• not necessarily, some people use them and pay and are just as bad.

• Dating websites are an awesome way to met people you wouldn't on day to day basis.