Girls do you think "leagues" exist?

I hear a lot of person A being out of person B's league. Do you actually think leagues exist or is it just a confidence thing? Do you think a less physically attractive guy (me for example) could realistically attract a really pretty/cute girl? They even have a movie about it lol. I personally believe a lot of pretty girls are out of my league so I don't even try to flirt with them. But thats maybe because I have really low confidence in myself. So do leagues really exist or is it just a confidence thing?

Constructive criticism is good. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings or tell me I'm wrong!

Most Helpful Girl

• They do exist if you accept them. I don't accept them, so they are non-existent to me.

Some people adhere to concepts that make the dating worlds unnecessarily complicated and more difficult, and I think that's because subconsciously they want it that way so they can blame their lack of success and their fears on concepts like leagues ("I had no chance with her, she was obviously out of my league." or "What's the point of trying to approach her, she's not my league, I wouldn't stand a chance anyway.").

• I never looked at it that way.. so do you think its my fear of rejection that is making me feel that most women are out of my league?

• I personally think that is a very likely possibility, yes.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah...I think they sort of exist...but I don't think they are set in stone...I'm not one to follow it...for example...many people have told me my BF is not in the same league as me...and that I could do so much better...I get upset when people tell me this...because a person can't really do much about their looks...or what family they were born into...it's more about the personality and if there is chemistry between two people...

• Unfortunately, yes. Although no one wants to believe that they are shallow, the truth is that everyone is. It's hardwired in our brain to judge certain aspects about a persons appearance such as height and muscle mass to determine if that person is a suitable mate to have children with.

• Thanks for being honest. Honestly I don't blame girls for thinking I'm unattractive or ugly because I expect it :/ I wish I had higher self confidence

• Well in a way yes. It's weird and kind of contradicting itself, but you should not feel like anyone is above you but some people might be below you. Do you kind of get what I'm saying?

• I don't think anyone is below me but I do think there are people above me if that makes sense.

• Yeah, I get it. I'm just saying like I don't think anyone is better than me but I do think others dont deserve me.

• I think leagues are bullshit someone's a uglier person can have the confidence of Angelina Jolie and a beautiful person
    Can have the self esteem of a bacteria.. I guess it's how much someone values themselves and what they think they deserve.. Some times attractive people never see the beauty in themselves this go for those who would be considered less attractive or not In their
    League

• Yes, unfortunately. They tend to be subjective though so its flexible.
    Generally it goes like this:
    Fugly/Deformed/Unnatractive
    Cute/Average
    Hot/Pretty
    Heaven sent/Gorgeous

• I personally believe that it's a confidence thing.

• Funny how guys only want leagues to be flexible in their favor... ;)

• I don't understand.. I never said I only wanted leagues to be flexible to suit me.

• Be willing to give what you'd like to receive is all I mean.

What Guys Said 4

• They exist only in the heads of people that believe in them.

While I understand that there are some widespread traits that are considered attractive, not every person looks at them the same way.

For example, I've often gone after women that my friends thought were just ok, and of course they've done the same thing (chased women I didn't see as being totally special looks-wise).

I've even had friends that wouldn't date women that they were attracted to simply because they didn't think others would find them attractive, which is totally childish and completely asinine in my opinion.

• Yes, but no league is "better" or "worse" than the next. Each just has different strengths and weaknesses. Statistically speaking most people attract and form relationships with people within their own league. It is called smiliarity

• Leagues definitely exist. It isn't all about looks, though.
    If you don't have looks, you better have money and charm.
    If you're average looking and you aren't exceptional in other areas, then yes, pretty girls are out of your league.

• Good point. I mean I don't even care that the pretty girls don't want me. I expect that because well look at me, I'm not exactly physically attractive, I actually think I'm kind of ugly. But even the semi cute girls reject me and that just makes me think "wow I guess I'm way uglier than I thought."

• You're not Brad Pitt, but you aren't ugly either bro.
      You can only make yourself look so good. Improve the things about you that you can control. You can definitely get a pretty girl.

• I think they exist to an extent. People tend to marry within their own social class. You can deviate from that pattern anytime you want.