Is it weird to ask for a kiss?

I'm going on 4th date with a girl and we have held hands and hugged and the first kiss could be on the horizon.

Should I ask for one?

• Yes
  • No
Plot twist: If I were to go for it and she isn't ready or wasn't interested anymore and was just being friendly before ending it , would that be sexual assault?
I mean consent wasn't actually given , just implied

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's strange in the right context. You guys seem sot be taking it slow so why not. It's interesting how there are questions like this in comparison to questions about the '3 date rule', such contrast. Personally, I prefer a guy to just go for it.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm really awkward. Once a guy invited me to his house and we were laying down on his bed watching a movie. I was definitely not about to make a move (way to shy at that point in my life lol) I just played there. He turned and got up close to me and asked 'can I kiss you?' I just nodded lol
    I would say unless she is the pinnicle of awkward innocence, don't ask. Just lean in slowly and let it happen. Most girls won't reject a kiss unless they REALLY didn't like the guy anyways :P

• I think it'd be cute if a guy asks for one. DO IT! Like ask for a kiss, and if she doesn't say anything she just smiles then go in for the kiss.

• You're a man, go for it! Pay attention to her body language and the way she looks at you and when you see it and there's that comfortable silence go for it.
    I remember when I went on a date with guy he told me after on Facebook "I was sad you didn't kiss me". lol. He should do that, especially since I haven't had a bf so don't know what to do. A year and a half later and still no one lol

• You don't ask you just go for it :)

• Exactly if you ask it can be awkward just do it and it will feel more natural and not forced.

• i think it'd be really cute if you asked! its not the usual thing to happen. but since itll be your 4th date with her, im sure she wants to kiss you so i think itd be so sweet if you were to ask!

• My first kiss happened because the guy asked. I love it when a guy asks before doing anything because I've had a rough history with people just taking what they want and ignoring my hesitation. After 4 dates I definitely think it's time to ask for a kiss.

• It's not weird but why ask? Just go for it!

• Just pay attention to your body language. If you're confident enough to go in for one she'll like it a lot!

• dont ask just go in for it

• That sounds cute.
    If say ask her if you don't feel comfortable just going in for it.

• Yes do it.

• You should not have to ask for a kiss, it should just happen.

• You don't really need to ask if she's already giving you affection you shouldn't be afraid, rather ease into it and slowly make the move don't be sudden or else she will be really surprised. But I'm sure she'll like that you were brave enough to do that and just like in the movies slowly go into it or kiss her on the cheek first before you actually kiss her on the mouth

What Guys Said 7

• I would not ask, no. I don't think that's the kind of thing you should seek verbal permission for, ever.

If she's receptive to it, then you'll generally be able to tell through body language.

• You may ask, but in case you're flirting with her. If you ask with weird, nervous face/vibe then you deserve it.

• Don't ask for it just look her in the eyes and you'll know when to do it. 4 dates without a kiss I bet she's dying for you to kiss her do it on the fifth date for sure man.

• Too.
    Slow.
    Escalate.
    Faster.

• don't ask, just pay attention to her body language and you'll know when she wants a kiss. If you ask for one, it won't be a surprise anymore and everything will be awkward

• its ok to ask, but, its better to just go for it. go in about 90% and having her go the rest of the way. if she doesn't want to, she'll of course, move out of the way

• It wouldn't be a sexual assault..it may show dat u r intrstd in her