Would you give up smoking for someone you wanted to date?

So I hate smokers. And I don't smoke or drink but a lot of people in my area do. Would you quit smoking or decide to never smoke for a love interest?

• I would stop
  • I wouldn't stop
I'm not saying I want to change anyone just see if people would give it up for a love interest. I've dated a smoker and I dealt fine the guy was just a jerk. Lol hey some smokers are attractive >_<

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i would stop smoking if i did
    if i love someone i would do whatever
    so we can make things work it's just me
    but i don't smoke cause it's so bad
    i don't know why it's so difficult for
    couples to make things work?

What Guys Said 2

• I don't smoke. But I wouldn't change myself to fit other persons' will. Never let someone to dictate your values, that's the purpose as a man.

• I don't smoke. If I did, no. Fuck them.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't smoke and I also dislike smokers, but I would never force someone to quit it for me. If they really wanted to carry on smoking, then they'd have to make sure that they don't smoke around me so that they won't reek with the smell of smoke. If they wanted to change because they want to quit smoking, I would support them and help them through it. But at the end of the day, it's the smokers choice and what you like or dislike isn't applicable as an influence.

• No. I'm not a smoker but if I was, I would just find someone who was more accepting of my habit. If you don't like smokers, then don't date one. You shouldn't try to change people just because they do something you don't like. Most smokers are not going to stop for a potential partner.

• Nope, if I quit for them I will start smoking again. I have done it a million times x)

• I kind of do snus (if anyone knows what it is, it doesn't smell, but is nicotine). I have done it around 1 year, but I would stop probably because no one really knows about that and I am embarrassed about it.