I'm in love with an older guy he's almost 24 and I'm 16?

at first he didn't knew I was so young and he was flirting an stuff then when he found out about my age he told me that it's not gonna work and it's illegal and stuff but what should i do, he's into me I know it but he's making a big deal out of that age thing what should i do? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not "making a big deal" he could go to jail. When I was 16 I was also into older guys but, I always made my age known within the first few minutes of a conversation. Those that it didn't bother kept talking while those that it did respectfully stopped and that's understandable. In order for it to work both parties have to be aware of the risks and accept them with precaution. Most guys will not be willing to do so seeing as the could be in prision if anything happened. If that's his wish and decision let him be and respect his decision.

What Guys Said 6

• Similar thing actually happened to me today!
    I was in the gym and this cute girl jumps on the machine next to me and didn't know what she was doing so I was helping her and we really hit it off, she said she is 18 in 2 months (I'm 24), usually I would steer away but as she was tall and looks way older and is mature and is basically 18 i mentally made a exception.
    I asked her if she want to walk to town for coffee with me and to get some protein supplements and she agreed , we had a really great time not flirting just chatting for hours and returned to the gym again to chat and train. And we decided to be gym buddies and meet everyday,
    So we exchanged numbers and I waited for her bus with her and we hugged good bye.
    She text me 20 minutes later saying sorry she lied about her age she is actually 16 turning 17!
    I know it's only a year difference but that is just a little to much of a age difference to me.
    So now I defiantly won't be thinking about her romantically just gym buds.

• His concerns and hesitations are very legitimate. Once you turn about 20 or so, the age difference means nothing. The younger you are the worse it is. Right now it is still bad. You are two worlds apart. You're in high school, he is probably done college and working. The things you find fun are probably very different from what he finds fun. You still live at home, he has is own place, being physically intimate with you is actually illegal, and so on. If you two are meant to be together, wait a few years, or try again in a few years.

• yeah he's really making a big deal out of doing something that could land him in jail or on the sex offenders registry.

I think you should respect his decision and move on... and be honest about your age if the future particular with guys who are so much older than you

• You gotta move on. For a lot of us guys that age thing is a big deal. Probably not what you want to hear but there it is.

• Absolutely too old for you. Stop being in contact with him.

• lol check the laws. If it's 18, wait 2 years.

What Girls Said 1

• First of all you're not "in love" ok. You're just young and a 24 who is telling you its not going to work, you need to respect this guy. It is illegal and he can go to jail. Even though he may be interested in you right 16 yr girls are vuriable and guys know this. You can fight every little you want but this guy was taught right while growing up. You have to let it go