Do women cheat as much as men? Do they cheat less? Do they cheat more? What do you think?

I was thinking about this the other day. Usually most of the time you hear stories about the guy cheating on the girl but I'm sure the girl cheating on the guy happens too. I have heard some stories of girls cheating on a guy but usually its the guy that cheats on the girl. I feel like if a girl cheats people usually automatically assume that the guy was being an asshole or did something wrong to make her cheat where as if the guy cheats he was just getting tired of the girl and decided to cheat. What do you guys think? Also sorry for anyone who has been cheated on :(

Most Helpful Girl

• There are different studies that suggest different ratios. At the end of the day, it'd be a smart call to not take any of them too serious and simply look at it like this: Women and men are both equally capable of cheating, it's a matter of personality, not of gender. Of course, if you make survey, you will eventually get certain numbers and of course male and female numbers won't ever be exactly equal. But those numbers won't tell you much about a coherence between willingness to cheat and gender.

What Girls Said 4

• It really can depend because there will be people saying women do and others who say men but it's both really. Some people are good at hiding, while others aren't either way it shouldn't be done, if you can't commit to one person while dating, unless you've stated that it's open but shouldn't be considered cheating, then it's fine. Cheaters will always be around, the can't control themselves and tend to mess up.

• When girls love, they love hard. Sometimes that pushes the guy away a little bit. In most cases, it's usually the guy that cheats. But in other cases, the girl can just be a little bit more sneakier about it.

I guess the real question is, "Who's the better cheater?"

• girls cheat just as much as guys. trust me, we all have desires. if we see another guy that we like, and our current bf isn't satisfying enough, then somethings up and she's gonna cheat

• This makes me not want to get into a relationship at all lol. What's the point if she's just gonna did someone better anyway?

• Yeah well Im good at doing that its just what if everything I do just isn't enough? I am actually better at being a bf than being single lol

• haha then she's not the one, you'll know

• I think girls cheat just as much, but are more successful at not getting caught.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm pretty sure it's about the same. Women just get caught less. Probably because they can get someone into the bedroom faster, on average, than us guys. Less of a time frame to get caught in. That's my theory atleast.

• I've read a couple of sources (I could possibly find them again, not sure 100% though...so this is just a casual recollection) that said that in at least the "cases" known, men cheat more than women. But women really aren't that far behind.

I don't really feel like people chuck the blame elsewhere if a woman cheats. Or at least not everyone except for her close friends and family. I've seen guys get cheated on, he dumps the girl and puts her out...and then her friends and family cause a shit storm towards him as if she didn't just cheat on him. It's an odd situation to see.

But yeah on topic, "the stats" say that men are slightly ahead of women. But with these kinds of things, these stats are only reactionary and only tell the story of a group that is created BECAUSE of what they already did. Cheating depends on the person and not the gender. So it could come from anywhere, from anyone, and at any time.

• Yes they are dangerously promiscuous ( NOT ALL OKAY?). They are much smarter than guys when they cheat. Especially white women.