Do you have to start assuming that your girlfriend is a gold digger if she never offers to pay?

I really like this girl. She's really pretty, attractive, and cute. She's just perfect. She's beyond my league. She never materialistically asked me to buy her something. We go on a date to places like theaters, aquarium, concerts, etc. I am the one to pay for everything. We've gone on 7 dates so far and she never offered to pay yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow...that's interesting...maybe she was raised differently...so maybe not a gold digger...when my BF and I were first going out...before we became official...I didn't allow him to pay for me and insisted we pay separate...when we became official...we started trading off paying every other time...For me...I was raised that he who pays is the one that has the power...it's messed up...but has been ingrained into me. My mom told me to never take anything from a man.

I have a job though...my BF doesn't cause of the program he's in...when he graduates and pulls in big bucks and we are married...I expect him to do most of the paying cause he'll be making more than me...although I will contribute

Something just doesn't sit right with your situation...if I were you I'd be pissed...especially if you are both in college...I guess I could understand if you are the one making a lot more money than her...but even still I feel like she should at least make an effort to offer...

Secretly though...I would love it if I didn't have to worry about paying for a guy...would be nice to be taken care of and not have to work

Maybe you should talk to her about it

• jooooooocy avi :) Follow me so I can follow you, playaaaaaaaaa

• Yeah...I've caught on to that, lol

What Girls Said 10

• She may be old fashioned.

Stop thinking people are beyond your league , based on looks.
    Its real ridiculous when people automatically give themselves a disadvantage from the beginning.

You both are people.

• If you're officially a couple for more than a month and she still hasn't made the attempt to reach into her own purse then I would ask her about it. Maybe she never had to pay before and doesn't get it or maybe she just likes being doted on, nobody but her knows.

• Who is planning these dates? If you're the one asking her out and planning then it's natural she's going to assume you're going to pay.

But if she's planning the dates and you're always stuck with the bill then that's a little bit of a problem

• I plan the dates but don't girls start offering as well?

• Not at the beginning. It's so soon into dating that she's probably not even thinking about money. She's more focuses on you. It doesn't make her a gold digger

• Because she's going to pay with the vagina later on

• No! Don't start assuming! Most girl are taught and raised that if a guy asks you on a date, then they need to be the one to pay. Now, if she has asked you to go somewhere on a date, then it should be the same as if you were to ask her. Maybe next time you go on a date, ask her if she has a few extra dollars for a tip, or a snack for you to SHARE or something like that.

• No, there is not reason to assume that she is a gold digger. If she was she would expect you to buy her materialistic things or pay her bills as well.

• I don't think she's a gold digger...as a girl we sort of expect a guy to pay for it and you did say that you planned the dates

• Most people kind of consider it common courtesy that the person who asks/plans the date is the one to pay. Maybe she is going off that, or just thinks old school. My bf is like that. He rarely ever lets me pay for anything.

• nopes just a spoiled brat

• If she doesn't ask you for anything then she's not a gold digger. a free meal and movie doesn't make a gold digger. I know gold diggers.

• Define gold diggers

• A person who asks and asks and asks for money and gifts. They sometimes don't directly ask they hint. They sometimes make it seem like theyre in dire need for what they ask for. They're really pretty almost always.

What Guys Said 7

• It is not that they are gold diggers, a lot of girls just socially learned that they are entitled to be financially supported by men and that it is men's responsibility to do so. Men puts the wallet, she puts the vagina, Sounds like prostitution, but she doesn't look at it that way, for her that's just how things are.

• Why would you expect your woman to pay for your dates? If you have the means to pay, you should pay; if you ask her out, you should pay; if she is a she, you should pay. What kind of world do you want to live in where women are expected to pay for dates? My Grandmother would be cross at this question, and I am as well. Where are your manners, young man?

• After being played by one gold digger who I spent on more than 2000 dollars over 3 months of dating her, I am now very cautious with girls. I don't have a problem spending my money on a girl I love as long as she likes me back for who I am not for my money.

• Much gold is lost and many tears are shed in the cause of love. It is a man's duty to carry on and always look to the future with a fresh perspective. Let not those from your past taint your future.

• You need to stop putting her on a pedestal. It's your own fault.

• I don´t think that would be a good way of measuring if she is a gold digger. Could be old fashioned, or perhaps knows how to appreciate a gentleman. If you really want to know, pay attention to the details. Paying the bill is normally up to the guy anyway. Personally I never even expect a girl to offer.

• 7 dates is too early to tell, what about a month and if she, starts requesting expensive restaurants and shoes, hand bags etc than you have a GD.

• You could try talking to her about it, or just start doing really cheap dates, until she brings it up herself. If she breaks up with you for asking her to pitch in, then she is a gold digger, and you need to kick her to the curb. If you don't want to ask her because you are afraid of her leaving, then you should admit you are fine dating a prostitute, and not worry about if she is a gold digger. Either way I agree with noblesseoblige. You are putting her on a pedestal, and that is your fault. That is why you can't stand up to, or challenge her for not offering to pay a single time.