Girls would you date a guy who was always alone?

I'm 23 years old and in university now. I've never dated and I never had any friends. I was bullied and beaten in high school and didn't even realize I might have a chance at friendship in college cause I was so used to ducking.

People especially grown ups and colleagues like me a lot. I'm hard working and reliable and always put other people first.

I also got better looking since my height followed my weight now I'm 6'3 which seems to be a bad thing to most girls.

This means my circle of friends isn't there and I have zero experience with women.

Ladies would you ever date a guy like me? (If you felt some kind of attraction of course )

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all 6'3? Damn boy, that's hot! At least for me becasue I'm mainly attracted to tall guys.
    I feel sorry you had to put up with a lot of assholes growing up, but now you're a man, the whole world is at your disposal. Go out, live your life. If you're afraid of bumping into people of the past, I'm not saying move away, but start your day like clean new slate and move forward not backwards. People you meet now, do not know of your past or problems and you don't have to let them know until you know them better or bring it up.

As for dating, yeah, of course I'd date you. You seem like a nice guy who just needs some confidence and motivation. Don't give up! Maybe join a group of your interest, that's some of the best places to meet people.

All the best! You can do this! :)

• Very well said HH.

• Thanks I try :)

• @Asker Thank you for your sweet compliment! :) Don't give up, there are a lot of nice people out there who would love to be your friend.Just give it sometime and I'm sure you'll find the girl of your dreams :)

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think your weight and height are important... or your social skills and history. It depends on how much affinity you have with the other person. If you click, then you definitely have a chance. Dating should be done with the intent of having a future together...one where you can depend on the other, trust him/her to protect, love and care for you, lean on the SO when you're down and actually weave a dream together... not just for purposes of physical attraction...
    Although, that's just my perception. Some people would rather just...I don't know, date for the fun of it?

• 6'3" is not a bad thing for girls, most girls go for guys that are typically taller than they are. Would you describe yourself as antisocial? Sometimes, a guy who doesn't have friends and isn't social, can for some women be a red flag or turn off. What this all boils down to is, how you feel about yourself and how confident you are. People in general respond to confidence.

• I don't think I'm antisocial I care for other people. It's just impossible for me to approach people, to make the first step. No one ever approaches me or just talks to me and that's why I sit there all alone. I feel like with time it becomes even harder to break out of this since I imagine I'm already labeled the weird quiet freak or something haha

• Making the first step is hard for me as well, especially when meeting new people. But, once you get over the initial nervousness of talking to people, it'll get better. Maybe ask someone their opinion on a current political topic or celebrity rumor...or whatever.

• If the attraction was there, yeah of course I'd give you a shot! I've never had many friends either, so I understand what you're going through. Personally, I like when the guy makes the first move, so don't be afraid to put yourself out there; I'm sure there are lots of women who would give you a chance.
    also, whats wrong with 6'3? tall guys are attractive :)

• Lol. I'm married to a guy like you. He even had his sister ask me out , he sat in the car and waved at me the whole time she was talking. Then on our date he would only speak if I asked something. He still will not start a conversation. There's someone who is right for you, just ask.

• Yes I would date you

• can't see why not if I got to know you :)

• Would it be a deal breaker if you learned about all this or experienced it like no friends to do stuff with?

• Not at all. You are the part that would matter, not who your friends are or aren't. You seem like a really nice guy, but you dont need to worry about the number of friends you have, its not something that will impact peoples perception of you. So long as you are comfortable with yourself it doesn't matter, of course if you feel you want to set up a circle of friends then like HelloHandsome said, consider branching out into social gatherings, groups and events, even going alone the first few times. Talk to girls, we don't bite ;), im sure you'll find a nice girl who appreciates you

• 6'3" is hot. I'd climb you like a tree.

What Guys Said 0