Why do guys always prefer my friend?

It just seems that every time. No matter what, and in any social situation, guys seem to go for my best friend. While I don't even get a look in. Which sucks, because it feels. And I loathe to admit it, like that while she's around I'm gonna be alone forever.

I'm quiet, a bit shy but I have a good sense of humour. I'm a bit of a book nerd and passionate about writing. I don't think I'm the ugliest person in the world. Just average. I don't wear makeup, or skimpy clothes because I'm just not comfortable in them. I'm slim enough. My friend is more confident, and finds it easier to make friends. People always like her. She's a bit oversensitive. But she has a good heart. So do I. She's curvy in ALL areas.

Why is it that men don't even look at me. I try my best. I flirt, I laugh. But it all seems in vain with her around and the one guy who showed an interest dropped me the moment he saw her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ha, I had a friend and a situation just like yours. He ALWAYS had girlfriends in high school and after, I and spent my 20's alone. It sucked. What you need to do is go out on your own, it will be hard but I think you need to be more aggressive. I sat back and did nothing and all it got me was alone. If you hang with her, you may just end up being a wingman. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

What Guys Said 4

• Well darlin unfortunately you are in the age bracket were guys are figuring out who they are and what they like...if the attention she gets bothers either get on her program and doll yourself up..toss on some Smokey eye shadow.. dark eyeliner some clear lip gloss..have your make looking good...but not too much...wear trendy clothes that show of your body a bit..sexy not slutty..relax and be confident... If that's not your idea of fun then...find a guy at the library or coffee shop...
    One thing to keep in mind..in the relationship you have with your friend now...she is the Alpha she gets the guys and you just go with the flow...which is fine just don't become the lastalternative for the guys that she don't hook up with...in other words don't allow her to talk you into to banging the friend of the guy she's with...Serious play the role of Hot Girl the next girls night out... Just play a role all night like a movie...pretend to be someone else...and see if it works...Or try dating mature men...they will treat you like a person not an object based solely on looks

• You may come out as the wingman since you're the less pretty of the two. This usually brings the guys attention the her. Try going out alone or with another friend thats not as pretty as you. Plus, since you're shy, some men may interpret your lack of social skill as lack interest. Work that out so you'll seem more interesting and make men take the message instead of giving you up for your friend. No problem with your personality tough, be sure of that, but sometimes its better to find a nice guy in a more quiet social occasion, a party or a night club may not be the est place to find that kind o guy.

• Hang out with girls that are less attractive than you. This changes guys perspective. Thats how men work. They go for the one which is more attractive

• Find an uglier girlfriend to hang out with.

What Girls Said 0