Which is worse, chasing a guy or having the guy endlessly chase you?

And could a girl still get a guy if she was pursuing him?
Or having him chase her?

GUYS: Do you like it when a girl plays games with you?

• HELL YES!!
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Which is worse, chasing a guy or having the guy endlessly chase you?
    ...an ugly girl chasing me is worse than me endlessly chasing an attractive girl

...theoretically yes

Or having him chase her?
    ...that would be up to you if he gets you or not

...like naked twister and hide the sausage? Like those kinds of games?

• Lol no! Like leading you on.

• If it leads to escalated sexual tension culminating in me slamming her in the sack a few dozen times then sure, lead me anywhere you want.

If it does not though, then no, don't even start leading me on. Don't start a job you're not prepared to finish.

• Interesting. Thanks for answering all the questions!!!

What Guys Said 19

• If it's not mutual, it's game over.

• My friend had this guy chase her for a month and then she dated. They broke up

• I won't lie, I did enjoy talking to you.

• No. I hate games. Say what you really mean, and I will do the same for you. Either you like me, or don't talk to me at all. Don't act interested and then say you didn't mean it. Don't waste my time.

If that comes off as harsh, it's because I have absolutely zero respect for those who play mind games. I can't demand that you like me, but I will demand to be treated with common dignity. All I ask.

• Interesting. Thanks.

• Just saying, a little respect and a little honesty go a long way.

• So true.

• I'm diagnosed with Aspergers, so girls chasing me is supposed to be ideal. However, I have found that I'd prefer to do some chasing and I am capable of reading interest from women.

Due to my being diagnosed and having dealt with mind games, I can tell you that it isn't worth losing sleep over either. All the mind games seem to be in the end is the girl wanting to find out if they can feel desirable around you, then they walk away once that have that assurance. Nothing turns me off more than someone looking for a simple ego boost from you. Even more of a turnoff is if there is trouble in their relationship, and they want you to do what the boyfriend won't do.

• I LOVE the hunt, and I revel in the chase. I personally feel like it's an important part of dating and relationship-building. For me, I like making my interest and intentions crystal clear and then setting about winning her over, and making her mine. Call me old-fashioned, but I just really like that, and I think it's what a special girl deserves.

That said, hunting and chasing and games are all different things, and I stroll dislike games. If you like me, feel comfortable enough to tell me. That's all I ask.

• Ah true. How do you feel about a girl pursuing you?

• Interesting! Thanks guys!!

• @ TheStaff_Sergeant: I could not agree more.

It's kinda like, I LOVE the pursuit mostly because of the feeling that comes at the end once I've won her over ("to the victor belongs the spoils" sorta thing), but I also need those encouragements and signs of mutual interest along the way.

Without some of those sprinkled in amongst my pursuit, I'd probably lose interest in the hunt.

So yeah, totally agreed. :-)

• I have no problem taking the initiative, provided I think there's mutual interest. If a girl is playing games and trying to be aloof and unavailable, I'm going to think she's not interested and stop trying. Her not responding to texts/calls, pretending like she's always too busy, doesn't suddenly make me want to chase harder- that's just some stupid shit that girl magazines promote.

• What if the girl was pursuing you?

• I've only had one girlfriend so far, and she (more or less) asked me out. It was great- for guys that aren't super confident with girls, knowing there's mutual interest takes a lot of the pressure off. Asking her out goes from "Okay, don't fuck this one up" to "Hey, let's go out and have fun together."

If a girl started by showing interest in ME first, I'd take the baton and run with it. Most guys don't take initiative from girls as an opportunity to string her along.

• Interesting. Thanks

• Speaking as a guy, neither one sounds particularly appealing.

For a gal the latter choice would seem to be more satisfying but I may be wrong.

If a hunter wanted to trap a particular lion, it might prove troublesome if all the lions in the jungle decided to chase him at one time.

• I don't mind being hunted but no head games

• Chasing a guy, I'd be why the hell am I chasing a guy for, it should be a woman I'm chasing not a man.

• Would you chase a woman or have her chase you?

• Her chase me, it makes things more interesting than the traditional, man chasing the woman.

• :) Thanks!!

• I'd like to be chased. Just don't overdo it or it'll make you seem desperate and it'll be a turn off.

I'm sure most guys don't like it when girls play games.

• What does overdoing mean?

• Hopefully not lol.
      Did it end bad?

• Check yo messages and find out.

• I LOVE PLAYING GAMES WITH WOMEN!!! so fun! but it's gotta be fun! she's gotta be like a playful fairy who's just out of my reach but when i get tired, she cuddles up to me until i recover!

• It's such a tricky question to answer. I hate it when the girl just ignores you and shows interest in other guys just to find her taking a glimpse at you when you look in her direction. But then again, it DOES work if the guy is even the slightest bit interested in you. So, for me it's a yes and no.

• I don't really like being chased or doing the chasing. I hate it when girls play games. If I like her and I show her that I like her and she rejects me just because she likes to be chased I'll probably just give up after a while and move on lol.

• Interesting. And if she was your ex who you still like? Would you take her back if the break up was light?

• I don't know it depends the reason for breaking up.

• Depends on the weapons involved.

• Like what?

• Meh, tune them out I guess. I have hobbies you know :P

• Ah true.

• I would like to be chased. Definitely would be a break from chasing

• Interesting. My friend had this guy chase her for a month and then she dated. They broke up and now she is pursuing him. He does still seem interested but the role are reversed. could Lexie (my friend) still get her ex back?

• Anytime :)

• Reading through some of your comments about your friend, he will still show a bit of interest if he thinks he can get laid. If he isn't putting in much effort, then he most likely isn't looking for a relationship with her at this point. She should move on. A guy who is interested will put forth effort.

• My answer is no because I'm the shy type in person so I'd rather be chased.

As for playing games she would have to make it obvious because sometimes signs are difficult for me to understand

• When being chased, many guys will often lack the need to impress, which basically means that their level of interest in the pursuer isn't high.

• Ouch. I felt a cold burn.

• What if the guy is shy and taken and he's attracted to someone? He would need the girl to chase him

• I NEVER chase taken guys, I am very strict about it. If he told me he was taken, I would stop and destroy my feelings.

• I hate it when girls play games, I don't play ball with such girls. I ignore them and let them find some other guy to mess with.

• What if she chased you?

• Can I message you? It is personal.

• Yes of course.

What Girls Said 15

• I think being chased by someone you don't like is worse than chasing someone you do because when I'm the one doing the chasing, at least I understand if the person doesn't have an interest in me or if I should lay low. However, if I'm being chased by someone, they seem to come on too strong or never leave me alone, which is fairly annoying. That's just my opinion.

• chasing a guy is worse because if he was really feeling you, you wouldn't have to. when women try to chase men its usually either one of a few things (a) he's out of her league (b) he's a player and she's trying to get more than what he wants ie commitment or (c) he already had it, lost interest and she can't accept that. neither one of those options are desirable positions for a woman to be in.

• Or he is too busy or something is in the way of them being together.

• No he just doesn't want her..those are all excuses. If his dream girl was in the picture she wouldn't have to chase him...

• UHhhhhhhhh

• f thy both like each other it would work either way but best if reciprocal and if they dont like both each other doesn't matter how well anyone plays.

I don't know if people like gams r not. so many people say absolutely not yet its a constant complaint. which means people are playing and it must be working on some one otherwise they wouldn't be playing.

• Ah yes that does make sense.

• Oh of course :)

• Overly chasing anyone exudes desperation.

• Well what is overchasing in your opinion?

• Just don't give and give without getting anything in return.

• okay.

• I would prefer to be chased, honestly. You give the hints, hopefully he gets it.
    And hunting starts :)

• being chased is worse

• Have you ever chased a guy?

• But I do like him and I do think he likes me.

• Oh, that's great! Have you asked him out?

• I consider myself a very attractive girl, but im used to being chased. Being known as an "exotic" or "mixed breed" turns heads and at the age im at that shit dont phase me. But I see something I like I chase its like a creme de le creme because of a rush to know I want that, until they start chasing me thats when I fall back unless your playing with me is what I like. Its a difficult process but I love it.

• I am not considered attractive :(

• In my experience, chasing guys is worse because it's hard to tell if they really are interested or looking for an ego boost.

• the worse for me is a guy endlessly chasing me.

• Would you chase a guy?

• i think right now, i'm more into hoping i'll get his attention and hoping he'll want to know me. If not, it's all cool. It sounds pathetic and depressing because i'm too shy to go after what i want, but really, it's not something i need so i don't care so much about it at the momment.

• Well at least he isn't your ex :/

• Is rather chase a guy. I've recently experienced being chased but have also chased. It's harder to be chased I think when you do genuinely care for the guy

• Depends on if the one being chased actually wants to be chased. haha Seriously though, being chased even when it is unwanted still feels good to our ego's... Be honest people! As well as the feeling of being in control. On the other hand when you are doing the chasing... you don't have control.

Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Sexysassy

• Like your thought Sexysassy!

• I don't like being chased and I don't like chasing.

• I'd rather chase the guy (but wouldn't be creepy or desperate. Just flirt) I had a guy chase me who I thought was a great friend and it sucked having to keep reject him cuz it was obvious it hurt his feelings. So yeah. Definitely a guy chaser.

• Well have you had more successes or failures?

• Yeah, I have very few crushes and they all ended up mutual so my chasing works? Lol but I have had guys chase me who aren't friends and it gets really annoying but you feel bad for them too. It's tiring.

• Uh I know what you mean. Somedays you just want to give up.

• chasing a guy is worse

• Chasing a guy is worse