Is being unemployed a turn off to women?

Is it just me or do women prefer not to date a man that is unemployed? I have been on lots of dating sites and soon as I say that I am not working women on them stop all talking with me and thats those who talk to me in the first place on the other had maybe they are shallow and will not talk to me soon as look at me.

when i said shallow i meant those that go on looks only

Most Helpful Girl

• If he doesn't give a damn about finding a job, and generally has no ambitions for the future, it is. But if he just lost his job, and is trying to find a new one, it's ok.
    The thing I strongly dislike is a guy (or a girl) refusing to take a job they don't like or with a low income as a temporary solution. Since I see your age group, I doubt this is the case, but I see it with some people in their twenties.
    However since not having a job is a bad phase in one's life, I understand it's generally hard finding someone new at that time; while if you already had a girlfriend it is unlikely she'd leave you for that. Unless she's a total materialist bitch. Unfortunately, some women are just like that.

What Girls Said 10

• Is water wet?

Why the fuck would you want a man who doesn't work? Broke niggas make me sick. And why do unemployed guys call women shallow for not wanting a man who don't work? Instead of worrying about a date, contact employers and put in resumes. Broke guys tend to be looking for women to live off and always want someone to drop to their low standards #aintnobodygottimeforthat

• If he's unemployed and not actually using that time to pound the pavement and look for work, yeah that is a turn off. I don't want to be with a guy who just wants to sit on his butt all day and never work again in his life or something.

If the guy is actually disabled and not able to hold a typical job, that's different. Most people aren't in that situation and are able to work regular jobs though.

• and what about a guy who is trying but not getting anywhere?

• Completely different than not trying or caring at all. The job market is very tough so I understand if it takes a while to find something.

• It's only a turn off if he's doing nothing about it.

• I've given out my cv to everyone in walking distance and im always looking for work online as well

• Thats good! Finding a job is hard, and you're clearly trying. Thats all you can do.

• More people now then ever are struggling to find work. People are graduating from college and university and are not able to get a job because there is no job for them, the competition is too high. With that said to answer your question yes I would because it might not be your fault.

• It's only a turn off for me when he's not doing anything to fix it.

• employment shows that the guy is serious, stable (HORSE STABIE XD jk o.o) and responsable. but not all guys are the same

• Yess it is. Exceptions apply maybe he is almost dying or very ill in a hospital. Other than that , no excuse.

• what about mental problems?

• Unless he is my husband I wouldn't mind at all taking care of him , depends on his "mental problem" too. Some are worst that others. Need medication etc.

• If he's a bum and could care less about trying to get a new job and just sits around, that's a huge turn off. Not because I want him to have buckets of money but because i find lack of ambition unattractive.

I understand if he gets laid off and is trying to get a new job. The economy is bad. But i just like to see drive

• It depends on why you're unemployed and what you're doing to change it. At my age, I don't judge it too harshly because it's hard to find work out of college. I will however, not date someone without a degree or who isn't seeking a degree.

• degrees cost money which a lot off people dont have

• LOL POLITICAL SCIENCE. now it all makes sense. id rather date a girl who didn't go to college than a girl who decided to waste her tme in the social sciences

• Just got accepted to law school. But thanks for your concern.

• How do you afford internet when you're unemployed? Shit's expensive!

What Guys Said 2