Guys, would you date a girl like this?

I'm mostly asking because I'm curious. I keep getting told I'm not normal but well, I would like to find a guy to share my life with. For those who it matters to (and who are we kidding, looks matter to most people), I'm rather tall for a girl (easily over 6ft in even the most modest of heels), thin with slim curves and in rather good shape.

Beyond that and what I think probably bothers most people... I work at least 55 hours a week in an extremely male-dominated industry. I'm the only woman among 18 men working on the main floor, there's 3 other women in administration. My hands are permanently stained with oil, dirt and grease at this point. I don't party, I haven't drank since college, never done drugs or smoked. I do live with my parents, mainly because they need me and my job is just down the road. Debt-free, own a car, have a couple of good friends from college that I see every couple of months. I try to make it to the odd truck pull or rodeo to get out a bit.

Personality-wise, I can be a bit of a smart-ass but generally am quiet, I'd rather listen than talk most of the time. I tend to always be doing something, I can't sit still long enough to watch a movie from start to finish.

I've been single for almost a year now, haven't been on a date in six months and I'm starting to wonder if its me, if I'm just not attractive to the general male population.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in college right now, not working due to my financial aid situation (I'd lose my financial aid if I make too much money, and too much is not very much), and I'm 5'10. The height issue alone would make me not even bother trying, no matter how attractive and interesting I thought you were. As a guy, it's pounded into our head that women won't consider dating a guy shorter than her, and honestly, it's something that has almost ALWAYS been true in my experience. So I would write you off as a lost cause before you even said a word.

Aside from that, you working as much as you do and being out of college would say to me you're at a different stage in your life and that I shouldn't even bother.

As a guy expected to make the first move, I look for opportunities where my chance of rejection is lowered. I don't expect to take no risk of rejection, but I don't set myself up for failure either. Regardless of how attractive and cool you might be, to me even trying with you would be setting myself up for failure and rejection. So it wouldn't even cross my mind to get interested.

• Thanks for your honesty, I really do appreciate it. I didn't think of it like that (different stage in life) and society expectations including things like height.

What Guys Said 2

• If you are a good person, then yes!

• I dont see anything wrong with what you shared.

What Girls Said 0