How to get rid of this fear of going on a date?

I'm 21 and was just asked out on my first date. I met this guy online, through mutual friends. He went to my high school, though we haven't met personally.

He asked me if I wanted to get dinner with him next week, which I assume is asking me out on a date? I think? I don't really know..

But if that's the case, I'm really scared. I'm thinking maybe I'm not good enough for this guy, and I'm thinking of everything that could go wrong, and my stomach is in knots just thinking about doing it. But at the same time, if I don't go on the date because of my fear, he might think it's because of him, and that's not true...really he seems like a great guy.

I do have social anxiety, so...that could be part of the problem. I feel so scared. I don't know what to do. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first you need to know for if he asked you out on a date... not just speculate. When it comes to fear, as long as you don't have a chance of getting hurt physically, then you just have to face it straight on. The only remedy for fear is action. If he asked you out on a date and you want to go and you say "yes" then there's not sense to start worrying about till it drives you crazy. Just get the clothes together you're going to wear that you think will look good on your and are appropriate and jus go!! You don't worry about it for even one second. Forget all about the anxiety thing and vow to do things you fear doing because once you do them your fear for doing that will go away far faster than you now realize. There's absolutely nothing to fear about going on a date with a guy since you're in charge of your own body. Be determined to have fun and loosen up just go and have a good time. Just don't do anything you don't want to do period! Good luck and if this is a real date then please stop worrying and just go.

What Guys Said 4

• On the first date meet him at the restaurant during the light of day, so early diner. You drive your car and meet him, when diner is finished then you drive home alone. After the first date you will have a feel if this is good or bad and it will clear all the fears one way or another. Plus you will feel safe.

Go for it and enjoy.

• Listen, he asked you out right? So that means that he's attracted to you, he likes you for what he initially saw, he's probably more concerned about how you perceive him than you think. Don't over-analyze things, go, have fun and most importantly, be yourself!

• Smoke a blunt before you go out...works for me. I act almost the same way just A LOT calmer thats all

• Yes, you do know he's asking you out on a date, so don't suggest otherwise.

You're just meeting someone new. It's not that big of a deal. Chill.

What Girls Said 0