Is a phone convo really more important than a txt?

My boyfriend enjoys talking more on the phone than I do. He tells me I should do that more but im not like that I rather just text to me it's the same thing and we both already spend time with each other daily and even work with each other..what do you'll suggest? How do guys and girls view this?

Most Helpful Guy

• texts are super impersonal an no it isn't spending time together , talking on the phone even limits how personal it is compared to actual talking in person... if you just want to text bug one of your girl friends if you want a relationship then put some effort into your boyfriend IMHO

What Guys Said 6

• Phone or texts, at the end are ultimately used for setting dates, meeting up and eventually letting two individuals to have sparks happen between them. Phone convo n texts tend to reduce mystery from guys, so I wouldn't spend much time on these things

• I prefer talking over phone more than texts , i feel better when i talk to someone, i listen how they are speaking , immediate responses, the voice , the feeling in voice... it all makes sense..
    On the other hand texting , four people can send the same thing to me, it would feel the same and not when i hear it from my girl friend's voice.

• I completely agree with your boyfriend. Texting is a HORRIBLE form of communication.

• Why do you feel that way?

• PS, I don't think you're dumb ;)

• Haha thank you :) im actually less than 4 classes away from a Bachelors in Biology

• An actual telephone conversation between two intelligent human beings is far less sterile that texting.
    Given some practice, apes can be taught to text.

• if u just broke up, why are you saying "my bf"?

• You should know how that goes lol

• He felt I wouldn't show him as much affection he's the type he would want to always hold hands or when I see him give him a big hug in front of everybody I guess like show him im proud to be his gf..but im not really like that but overall I just have trust issues and my.insecurities I know its not his fault but now im starting to see my flaws :/

• sounds gay

• Phone calls are for when you want an immediate answer.

Texting is your tacit admission that what you have to say does not require an immediate answer, so you'd better not expect or demand one.

What Girls Said 4

• Phone conversations are more personal.
    You can hear the persons voice.
    You get a feeling of a closer connection with them.

Text messages to me are impersonal.
    Depending on the person you have to wait for them to text you back,
    and that can take a while.
    You can't hear the person's voice (distance).
    It just seems less intimate.

• In this day and time I think texting and calling are fine. If you see him everyday and work with him then i dont think talking on the phone is all that important i could understand talking on the phone if you only see each other a couple times a week but sending a text in your situation is the right thing to do. You dont want to get tired of each other so quickly in a relationship

• Exactly that's how I see it...we work with each other and spend time with each other after work so when we go home I feel like I just want some me time and txting helps with that

• We all need me time!! You dont want to get tired of each other and start to resenting the other one from not giving you the space you need. Texting is fine because you then have time to do other things while texting. Never give up your free time because you need to look out for your self and whats best for you

• I would rather talk on the phone anyday over a text. I find texting to be less personal. You can get mixed signals and you can't truly feel or tell what a person feels

• Definitely. Through a phone conversation, it makes everything sounds more enjoyable. Furthermore, you get to hear the other person's voice!