My best friend asked me out on a date. I dont have those feelings for him, what do I do?

My best friend is a guy. We "dated" in fifth grade, but nothing serious, like we didn't even hug xD in 7th grade he dated my best girl friend for almost the whole year until she cut the rope, but he blamed it on me. His best guy friend asked me out and we dated for about two weeks.

Most Helpful Guy

• just be honest, "you're a great friend and I value that but I don't see us as anything more than friends.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• Well it's hard if you're friends. But since you are, you should be able to be honest with him. I've tried the same, and i felt really uncomfortable with it.
    If you don't have feelings yet, they won't appear, trust me on that one. So either you decline honest as the friend you are. (can have consequenses and maybe create a little tension)

Or you go on the date to see if there could be something there. You're friends, so hanging out in public isn't really wierd. (Could maybe create confusion)

Good luck :)

• If you're not into him and have sorta not really dated before I would simply put I'm sorry I really like having you as a friend but right now I don't feel that way about you.

• Well I will tell you what I did. I told him that he meant a lot to me. But I didn't ever think of him in that way. And that I wished I could change my feelings because he was a great guy but I couldn't and hoped that this wouldn't affect our friendship. I would understand if he needed some time away from me and that I would always remain his friend.

Good news? We are still great friends. So yeah you could say something like that. Hope this helped :)