How old is too old for a 17 year old to date?

I've recently been dating up... And I'm not sure what is and isn't appropriate.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say for sure 5 years older is ok , it really depends on the type of guys your dating or age restrictions where you live , where I live age of consent is 16 and once that old legally no one can say anything. there is nothing wrong with dating older guys just have to make sure your each looking for the same things

What Guys Said 6

• I'd say 21 would be the limit

• But be careful, being that much younger and being a girl could make you susceptible to being taken advantage of. I would say go for dating someone that much older. But do not go for one night stands with them (if that's your thing)

• If you're mature maybe 21.

• Very :)
      I may be just looking for justification for my most recent guy.

• True if he's 21 just go for it. The people saying you should only go out with 18 year olds are probably ones who haven't had their first kiss.

• Exactly. The people my age are so immature. It's insane. And I want someone who knows what he's doing.

• 19 max for a 17 year old

• Elaborate. Why 19?

• Because you are likely in high school still, college guys are in a much different stage if life than you.

• Probably 6o would be too old

• 17 for now but ask again when your 18 an legal and then there is no age limit

• 17... thats law

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say 20ish.

• Anything above 18 is too old

• Why? Elaborate.

• Because you're 17. Anyone older then 18 is in a different place in their life then you. At 17 it's not about the age , it's about what page of life they're on

• You can't go over 18 as of yet unless you want him to get in trouble. Once you're 18, I would say at least 4-5 years is okay.

• Without regards to laws though. Like morally.