Why is that not many guys like me?

am I too ugly?
is being a tomboy bad?
am I too short? (5"1')
do I play too hard to get?

Would being "independent" a turn off? This one guy said that he wouldn't date me cause I would too independent...

Most Helpful Guy

• Your height and appearance are good. There's nothing wrong with being cute and bite-sized ;)

As for being a tomboy, it can be a disadvantage. I've met some girls who were really cool in a tomboyish way but they were messy, burped, farted, and other things that made it hard to think about them as romantic partners. There's nothing wrong with taking an interest in typical guy things, but remember that guys want to date girls, not one of the guys. Google "how to become more feminine" and incorporate what you'd feel comfortable incorporating.

Playing too hard to get? Maybe. I've heard many girls say they play hard to get, but they didn't know what the expression really meant. It means being slow to warm up physically so that players, jerks, flakes, and other undesirables walk away from you knowing they wasted their time and cannot comfort themselves with thoughts like, "At least I got a blowjob." Being hard to get means nothing more than warming up slowly, being hard to game, and being hard to take advantage of. Those girls I mentioned? They thought it meant being anti-social, saying rude things to see if he is "man enough" not to walk away from mistreatment, and otherwise shit-testing him. That's not hard to get. That's hard to enjoy being around.

Too independent? I have no idea of what that's supposed to mean. (shrugs)

I think your biggest problem is that you are shy and don't flirt (or you keep your flirting so subtle that people don't even realize you're flirting). You would do well to search Google for "how to flirt". As for fixing the shyness problem, I don't think there's any advice that can be given. This is just one of those things that you need to work hard to soldier through. If you can get yourself a little more feminine, a little more confident in interacting with others, and little more bold in your style of flirtation, then you will have a lot more success.

• I'm not that type of tomboy haha, I guess I'm just not girly. Thank you for your advices and I will probably work on my confidence..

What Guys Said 16

• The main thing happening with you is not your complaints but how you feel. To feel better about yourself you can read a book or learn a little trick or exercise or learn to meditate--any little accomplishment will do. If you like yourself, others will like you.

Your uncertainties, though, amount to nothing if you have a cute vagina below your navel and want to attract guys. But just for your reassurance: No you are not too ugly because you appear an attractive weight, guys love tomboys, and your height is perfect for males ranging from 5 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 6 inches, so stay within that range.

Improve your social skills. When you see someone you think you like, maintain a nice smile and eye contact. If he talks to you, ask his name and use it in a sentence soon after you learn it. You can say anything you want to get a conversation going as long as it is not offensive, no religion or politics. Nod your head and listen when the other speaks. If you like him stand or sit close to him and try to get frequent eye contact. If you decide you do not like the person, then you can play hard to get.

Most important is "safety first," but you must have face time with as many guys as you can. Nature is on your side.

• What is "not many?"

You are not ugly. I'd say you're above average looking. Height generally doesn't matter to most men. Some men are turned off by tomboys, but most I've known aren't. I don't know if you play hard to get. Do you play hard to get?

I'm a bit stumped. You tell me why you think not many guys like you.

• Not many as in none... haha. I don't think I play hard to get.. And I don't know why guys don't like me... That's what I don't understand.. Maybe it's because I'm shy in way?

• Well, none that you know of. You haven't polled every man who has come in and out of your life, have you? There's a bunch of guys I'm reading below who say you're cute, therefore I suspect there are many guys you know in person who also feel the same but haven't said so. I suspect you're probably correct about the shyness. By the way, shyness isn't the same as playing hard to get. Shyness is genuine. Playing hard to get, by definition, is an act. Now the next question is what are you doing to get past your shyness?

• Well I don't you so its a little hard to judge but if your one of those tom boys that dress like a boy that could could be why or if your always acting tough around people guys don't really like that kind of stuff has for to short I don't think so in less your trying to date guys over 6 foot and no girl is ever ugly you just need to find a guy that's into the same things you are into.

• i don't dress like a tomboy but i don't dress like a girly girl either. and I don't act tough at all but I would rather hang with boys than girls.

• Well I'm prisoned in my house so that could be a problem.. I don't get to hang out or anything..

• Being independent can be a turn off for some guys cause every guy wants to be a provider of something so if thinks you don't need him that's there's no point in him staying and being stuck at home all the time doesn't help either

• Your cute girl , i see no problem with tomboy
    you may be too picky of the guys you want date
    think of what type guys your looking for to date

• How should we know if you play hard to get? At least in your profile pic you don't look ugly. Maybe you don't send out enough signtals for a guy to be interested

• I'm not really into short girls but lots of guys are, u might come off as unapproachable, or not interested, how many guy friends do u have compared to girls?

• You might seem unapproachable to guys, that's the only thing I can think of. Other than that you're just fine.

• unapproachable? meaning?

• It's alright and thank you soooo much. I really appreciate it :)

• No problem :)

• I've never cared about a girls looks personally, if anything if you have a bad personality I would avoid you

• Why do you think this way? you look fantastic, maybe you're not sending right signals that you are single

• I'm 6'1 so 5'1 might be too short for me and another guys but you look cute in the pic. Your not ugly.

• You look cute I doubt that guys don't like you. Maybe you are shy and not talkative or don't look friendly enough.

• Go out & meet different people from different areas & get friendly with selected guys there. Screw the local guys, so long as you're cute & are up for game *(regardless of playing hard to get or not), then you're fine.

• Either you're too picky or the guys in your school are gay. I'd give you a chance at least.

• You're short and average looking. Not sure why you expect legions of guys.

• do you even brotien?

• I'd approach you, no questions asked.

• maybe your too picky and not noticing the ones who like you, and your only expecting the guys to approach you. they are not going to because most guys prefer the girl to approach, and no your not ugly, you are so beautiful and perfect

• I think I am a bit too picky and I've always thought guys are suppose to approach girls.. And awe, thank you x3

• I try but I just get so scared of how the guy feels... I don't like pushing myself to someone and making myself look stupid

• i completely understand that. guys too think the same way and are scared to look stupid to a girl, but some guys respect that girls are emotional delicate creatures and are expecting the girl to tell her feelings first, even tho guys are emotional too we are not supposed to show much emotion to a girl cause that makes a guy look weak and makes a guy unattractive and it usually scares a girl away

What Girls Said 3

• babe you look good...maybe you've been looking for the wrong guys.

• Confidence is key.

• I wish I had confidence.

• Girl, I totally understand where you're coming from.. I was actually worst to a certain extent. When I found out a guy I had been crushing on liked me back I actually asked him why, because I couldn't believe it.. You're a gorgeous girl and I'm sure you've got a great personality to match. It's taken me a while due to my own insecurities but I've realized that you have to learn to love yourself first, because if you don't, how can you expect a guy to? You know what I mean? :))

• I don't know if you are pretty because I can't really see your face in your picture but you have a good body. you should post another picture with your face.

• A lot of people tell me I'm pretty but I don't know..

• I don't know I can't really see your face in your pic but you probably are :)