Every guy I've ever been with told me he loved me like 2 weeks into talking? Is that normal?

Of course I never believed them, and told them to shut up. Two of them admitted to exaggerating their feelings but one insisted he did.

Is there any truth behind the statements?
Do guys usually lie about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every guy is different and for me, I don't think that's normal. I wouldn't say that unless I actually meant it, I'd probably say something else that may affiliate the word with love such as like or adore, etc. but not the world love. But it's also been proven that guys fall for women first and hard too.

Some say it because how they feel when it's not actually their true true feelings (if you get what I'm saying) or some say it because it's actually genuine.

There is some truths but it's complicated due to the fact that every guy is different and some may lie and some may be honest about it.

Me personally I would say yes guys would lie about it, especially in 2 weeks of dating lmao. You know what they're all going for... what's inside those pants of yours.

What Guys Said 7

• May be you have a very charismatic personality plus a voice that makes a guy crazy. Yeah 2 weeks may be too soon but some guys couldn't control their feelings especially if they were in relationship b4 and feeling lonely now.
    I wish you choose the guy who deserves to be with you rather than jerks who always win.

• Yes, people lie about loving us, if they don't get their way
    than we are history

• It's normal if you're a joooooooooooocy Canadian like us!

• does it really matter?

• Yes! I want to know if guys usually just say it because they think they're supposed to. Is it common for them to just say it?

• maybe you looked cute or said something to make him happy. Depends how he said it though, I mean I've told everyone and their mother I love them at this point for the fun of it but if they said it dramatically or something that's something else

• I see what you mean. Thanks. Guess it's common then!

• Seems normal for the guys you've dated. I'd say its not normal for most others though

• There's no way you can be in love with someone within a couple of weeks of knowing them. People confuse lust and attraction, the honeymoon phase with love.

• Its common for it to just slip out, since that is how we are normally suppose to end a call with someone in a relationship. So the habits we formed in our past relationship can cause us to say it too soon. It is common for lonely guys to get over excited and say I love you too soon. It is also common for guys looking for sex to lie about it in order to get what they want. It really depends on what types of guys you tend to date, as to why they are saying it.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not normal. It's immature. They can fall in love in such a short time, but love and falling in love is NOT the same! When you fall in love, you have really intensive feelings, but they are shallow and often not related to reality but fantasies or illusions. Sometimes this infatuation turns into real love. More often it fades, or the relationship just doesn't work out.
    I believe all of those guys fell in love with you, which is totally normal in itself. The thing that's not mature is confusing it with love. Even the guy who insisted it was love was probably just passionately in love with you, so he thought those were genuine emotions. But it can't be love after several weeks. I think it takes at least several months.

• Some "think" they do, some only say it because they think that is what people are just supposed to say in relationships, and then there are the ones who might actually mean it.

• A mature "lovable" man never falls in love and never lies about it. you may fall in love, but don't expect a man to fall in love with you unless he's still a kid. the most a mature man can have for you is a deep attachment to "your love", and for that you should be in love first. love is a will towards completeness, if a man is not complete he cannot be loved but he can fall, if a man is complete he cannot love but can be loved and keep the love he is given dearly.

• Its just pep talk to warm you up for bed.

• That would freak me the fuck out. I had one guy confess love for me and we WEREN'T dating.

• Hahah I've had that happen once in high school. Creepy as hell. Like they don't even know you but insist they love you.

• In two weeks it is awkward but if he is a long term friend then I don't think that anything is wrong with it

• Yeah but she said two weeks into talking