If a guy interested you, but then he told you this about him; would it cause you to be uninterested?

So here is the deal.. I want to know if a girl would still be interested in me despite my situation at the moment. I am an 18 year old guy with some tough things to deal with under my belt. I not only have dealt with clinical depression and bi polar, but I cannot drive due to facing a DUI charge. I have the mental/emotional part under control with medication. SO if you were a girl talking to me, you liked my personality, and you found me attractive; would the above mentioned things scare you away or cause you to be uninterested in me? I definitely appreciate any feedback!

• I wouldn't consider him as a possibility
  • I would look past his faults and get to know him

Most Helpful Girl

• I would still be interested, if I adored his personality and his positive attitude. As long as he remained positive about the things he is dealing with and did not try to bring me down with him or become too dependant on me I would still give things a go with him. We ALL have problems, some more than others, but its all about how we deal with them. Don't be afraid to share these things with a girl but don't ever aim to make her feel sorry for you, show her you have these problems but you are a strong vibrant person who can handle it. If anything it will have a girl liking you more!

• Oh of course! I am definitely positive about the situation I am currently in. I messed up and made a mistake, so I learn from that mistake and move forward. Genetics can't be helped, but medication and counseling (which I do participate in) can help you live a relatively normal life. (: Thanks for the opinion and feedback!!

What Girls Said 5

• Voted B. If I felt a connection with the guy and felt like he could be good for me then I can look past A LOT. That's just how I am when it comes to love.

• That's great! All of this gives me a better outlook on this. Thank you for your opinion and feedback!!! (:

• No problem man =) Glad I could help!

• If I find someone who I think is genuinely attractive in my heart, they will be attractive in my eyes as well- minor imperfections are nothing to worry about if this is the case because whoever you end up with will see that you truly are a nice person despite your past.

• Is there any special reason why you feel the need to disclose that info right upfront? I mean, most people would try to show their good side first, so just curious.

• Well when I say upfront, I more so mean that if they are interested in me as a person, THEN I would tell them these things. I just, in my own personal opinion, find it inconsiderate to wait a while after talking with someone that you are interested in without them knowing EXACTLY who you are. (:

• Well, I wouldn't. I also have bipolar disorder. I also have ADHD so I don't think right. Hahaha anyways I wouldn't be freaked out ^^ I'm sure everyone else would be fine with it too! Don't worry about it too much :D

• Haha just from your comment I can tell you are a loving and fun person xD Thank you for the comment and feedback!! (:

• I got a dui at the age of 16 years old. When the guy I liked found out he stopped talking to me. I was sucidial and so much more. Now that I'm 19 I have my license back and we are friends now but I don't like him. He sees that he was a shallow person and messed up bad because he wants to be my boyfriend now. It might scare people off but those people are not worth your time. Find someone that loves you for who you are, and screw everyone else.

• This is very true, which I do take that into consideration when asking this. I've just always been the hopeless romantic type :3 Thank you for your opinion and feedback hun! (:

What Guys Said 0